Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Man down; DME relay?

Afternoon all,

I have recently acquired a beautiful 993 Carrera and want to change the DME relay, after some coughing and spluttering over the weekend.

Gone for the OEM from Design 911, after just realising there are several parts, based on Porsche/OEM/generic.

xbox said:
Afternoon all,

I have recently acquired a beautiful 993 Carrera and want to change the DME relay, after some coughing and spluttering over the weekend.

Gone for the OEM from Design 911, after just realising there are several parts, based on Porsche/OEM/generic.

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb: You may find that your ISV needs cleaning. Your symptoms sound more ISV than DME IMHO.

Do a search on here or on Goggle for information.

ATB :)

decgraham said:
xbox said:
Afternoon all,

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb: You may find that your ISV needs cleaning. Your symptoms sound more ISV than DME IMHO.

Thanks for taking the time to make that suggestion.

The symptoms I had were while in 5th/6th cruising along, when drive/power started to drop, then every 10-secs or so, stutter and surge back on a little. I stopped, turned around for home in somewhat of a cloud of smoke, but the issue cleared 10mins later.

decgraham said:
xbox said:
Afternoon all,

Agree and its and easy clean, my car suffered at low revs (traffic jam).

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-for...leaning-the-idle-stabilization-valve-isv.html

Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back