Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lift off shunt at low speed

Frubpato

Weird one , and I might be worrying about nothing but I can hear/feel a slight shunt when I lift off at low revs /low speed. I had assumed engine mounts but I've just done them ( huge benefit to the gearchange btw)
Anything to worry about - I've just gone over some of the alpine passes so that might have jiggled something

Probably gearbox mount.

My shout would be gearbox mounts, I’ve got this, I tried putting the yellow powerflex mounts in to stop this, it did but car vibrated at speed, they where horrible, so had them removed, I’ve still got the issue but it’s very slight and doesn’t seem to be getting any worse.

Does it feel engine related? Hard to explain but as though there's an ignition fault or something. Mine used to do that and I'd had both new engine mounts and gearbox mount. You also felt it if you were driving with cruise control on and then knocked it off, you got got like an instant knock/judder.

Turned out to be my bank1 variocam solenoid was faulty and stuck in the advanced position. Car ran fine and you wouldn't really notice, apart from that and a lumpy tickover when up at temp (and aircon switched off).

Nothing to do with the OP but I used to have a 981, and when a variocam solenoid failed on one bank, the car was borderline undriveable under 3000 rpm.

Tricky to drive round since it was a PDK.

Variocam system on the newer cars is more complex than the 996. It's quite common for 996 owners to never even notice they have a failed one until it's actually tested with a PIWIS.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back