Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Koni Active or Bilstein B6

And another

Attachments

• 20210328_155933_422.jpg
    20210328_155933_422.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,764
They were on my car when I purchased it so I'm not sure to be honest.

what a difference !!

the jobs done, the car drives so much better and looks better for the lowering.
looks like the alignment by 9M and the tyres have improved the steering

with the Cup 2 wheels being ET55, there is no space to fit the 15mm spacers on the rears, so will opt to fit 7mm shims on the front.

next job is have the Cup 2's refurb. im thinking, spokes and centres in Wiess Gold with Silver Rim/Lip.

Hi All,
I'm tagging on here as I don't want to flood the forum when I think there might be an answer (I just can't find it!)
I'm a new 996 c4 owner and my local Indy has recommended a full suspension refresh (amongst a growing list of other things to sort out, but that's owning a Porsche eh?!) He has recommended coil overs which I think is a bit of overkill for me given I won't be doing many if any track days and want it for road use. I've seen a lot of people recommend the Koni special Active dampers but some say you can use them on the C4 others saying you can't?

Can anyone let me know definitively and if they can't a decent recommendation? Also if anyone can let me know if I am just being tight on the coil overs, it's just I don't fancy spending £5 but happy to spend £3.5k so so fitted.

Cheers

Adam

I’ve just fitted Bilstein B8 dampers to my 993 Which will be used mostly for Euro road trips, they were supplied by Centre Gravity and are valved as the OEM dampers, but obviously benefit from incorporating modern design / technology. worth having a chat with them

I had my suspension refreshed by Northways last year. I just wanted better ride & handling on the appalling British roads. They recommended Koni Actives and I've been very pleased with the results.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back