Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Knackered fuel pump?

Solstice

Guys, my car expired and had to be trailered home, and is now making this noise from the area around the fuel tank, I assume knackered fuel pump, what do you think?

the fuel pump is located just behind the front axle on the passenger side

car will need to be raised onto a ramp to access the pump for testing

Thanks, I pulled the fuel pump fuse and the noise went, so have ordered a new pump.

Thanks, I pulled the fuel pump fuse and the noise went, so have ordered a new pump.
Just done this job on my 4S. Saved quite a bit by purchasing a Bosch OE pump online, cleaned the tank and replaced the tank filter and fuel filter at the same time. Not a difficult job (y)

Turns out it’s not the fuel pump, I jumped the DME relay to put power onto the pump and it ran normally, so then checked for spark which is absent (without leave!), I’m assuming the ecu is causing the pump to pulse, possibly as a result of a dodgy input.
End result, it’s off to see a man who knows more about these things than me (not difficult!)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back