Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just got a 987.2 Spyder - WOW what a car!

I would hazard a guess that you battery has seen better days ....... or indeed it could be the earth strap ........ GL with finding the fault.

Hi there

So I checked the battery and earth strap, the latter was mega tight, but the connectors on the battery though not loose were not mega tight. As such I disconnected them and then re-attached them and made sure to push the connectors fully down on terminals and tighten up really well.

So far so good, no errors or issues since, but lets see, if it does return I am going to change the battery.

Need help please!

So the random problem is still present, I swapped batteries and all fine, but then the problem is back. I checked the removed battery and it is in good health.

So I connected up a multimeter and when the car is fine it registers around 14v with car running.

This morning the car started to click in and out, so quickly checked battery and it was 12-13v engine running, same as engine off.

So re-started car and it was then at 15v and lots of error messages.

So I think the voltage regulator / alternator is failing. Now I hear most people just change out the voltage regulator as its far cheaper than an alternator or at least worth trying.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy a voltage regulator for my 2010/11 Boxster Spyder 987.2 3.4l DFI 320HP please?

Thsi sounds like a question for DeMort otherwise you'll be chasing snags and going down rabbit holes.

Whilst not an expert after what you've eliminated I think its an alternator and more likley voltage regulator issue. OPC should be able to order you want and that gives you a x-ref with pricing from other suppliers.

There's a load on here £15-£60 https://www.motor-doctor.co.uk/alternator-regulator/porsche/boxster/boxster-987/18289-2-7

Finally fixed and it was such a simple issue.....

Was just some kind of quick disconnect thing on the battery negative terminal that was cutting power, I've now removed this and connected the negative direct to battery.

Issues are gone. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back