Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Introduction/Lowering/Spacers

Mikey_D

Hi all, my first post here due to only purchasing my first Porsche last Sunday after wanting one for as long as I can remember! I've got myself a 997.1 Carrera S which is completely standard...... at the mo!! I've just ordered a set of H&R lowering springs last night so now also wanting to order a set of wheel spacers. From having a quick browse around it seems 15mm at the rear & 7mm at the front is the way to go for the perfect "look", but can somebody just confirm for me that this setup (including the fact it's about to be dropped 30mm) will not cause any rubbing/arch fouling issues?! My car's on the standard Lobster Claw wheels by the way.
Many thanks in advance for any information you guys with experience in this field can offer, much appreciated 👍

Hello.... And welcome.

Someone will come by and give you a lot more info... but as a quick reply.

You didn't say if you have PASM, not that it's an issue but if it does have it it will run a little lower than standard.

That being said I have mine lowered, have PASM, had the same wheel spacers and all was fine. I've gone a different route now on wheels so don't need the spacers...

You will also be asked to show photos of your car.... It's like an initiation.

Enjoy your new car.

Thanks for your reply bud, very much appreciated as I've been hanging on & hanging on before taking the plunge & ordering any spacers (want to fit them at the same time as the springs so it completely transforms the look all in one go 😎)
So off the back of that, best place to buy spacers from?? :?

Per above. It's a road lots have been down - should be fine.
I had same spacers on mine (before changing wheels) - got time from eBay.
For 15mm make sure you get the hub centric ones and the longer bolts.
I can't remember if you need slightly longer bolts for the 7mm ones - probably yes.
eBay have lots of kits available, it's a very straightforward job fitting these.
Oh and Welcome to the forum!

Duplicate!

Mikey_D said:
Thanks for your reply bud, very much appreciated as I've been hanging on & hanging on before taking the plunge & ordering any spacers (want to fit them at the same time as the springs so it completely transforms the look all in one go 😎)

Hi mikey, I have a C2S with PASM and H&R springs and 15mm rear 7 mm front spacers fitted. The look is fantastic, the ride is a little more stiffer than with standard springs but still very compliant. You could even go to 12mm on fronts but 7 is what most opt for.

https://www.wheelspacers.uk.com/index.php?cat=c311_Porsche.html&bezeichnung=911%20(997)%20Carrera%20S,%204,%204S&typ=997

Give this guy a ring and he'll sort you out with everything you need. Hubcentric spacers and the extra long wheel bolts all zinc coated. Mine has been on the car for 3 years now and still look new.. good luck :thumb:

Mikey_D said:

Hi mikey, I have a C2S with PASM and H&R springs and 15mm rear 7 mm front spacers fitted. The look is fantastic, the ride is a little more stiffer than with standard springs but still very compliant. You could even go to 12mm on fronts but 7 is what most opt for.

https://www.wheelspacers.uk.com/index.php?cat=c311_Porsche.html&bezeichnung=911%20(997)%20Carrera%20S,%204,%204S&typ=997

Give this guy a ring and he'll sort you out with everything you need. Hubcentric spacers and the extra long wheel bolts all zinc coated. Mine has been on the car for 3 years now and still look new.. good luck :thumb:

Thanks so much for the information & warm welcome guys, much appreciated 👍 Will get some pics of my car up once the stance is sorted 😎

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back