Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior wing mirror cover clip broken - repair or replace

Oggy172

Trainee
Morning all,

Having recently purchased my 997.1 they're were a couple of small issues, window not working (now fixed) & the wing mirror triangle clip snapped off, however this was the door side clip that's part of the window seal.

I don't have the missing piece for reference.

Do I replace the seal? It seems expensive for what is just a little clip

Can I repair it? JB weld a small bit of plastic maybe?

Any other ideas?

I can't be the only person to have this problem, the replacement seal can be had for circa £40 but I imagine it's a bit of a pain to fit.....

Thanks in advance for any opinions or recommendations

Hi Oggy,

I found the issue had occurred on my car in previous ownership when i went to replace the triangle. My intention is to replace the seal when take the door trim off in a month or 2 as i want the car complete. But the solution they had was to just use a little glue as you suggest, looked like some silicone was used possibly.

Did you have a part number for the replacement seal?

Not seen an DIY for this task.

ftaffy said:
Hi Oggy,

I found the issue had occurred on my car in previous ownership when i went to replace the triangle. My intention is to replace the seal when take the door trim off in a month or 2 as i want the car complete. But the solution they had was to just use a little glue as you suggest, looked like some silicone was used possibly.

Did you have a part number for the replacement seal?

Not seen an DIY for this task.

I believe it to be this:

Yup.

Butil is a windscreen sealant .. very sticky and kinda like putty .. put a small piece of it on the trim then push it into place .

As mentioned i often either see these broken or already have Butil on them .

Glue is a permanent method which whilst fine means its going to be a problem the next time the door card has to be removed .

If you were anywhere down south id just say drop in and ill cut you off a strip as the reel you will buy is enough for over a thousand of this job lol .

Thanks for the tips, i used a Velcro strip on each side to replace the upper point. Annoyingly i did notice that there is a tear in rubber upper section. Seems likely to not be an issue for now but expect to need to replace anyway.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cchrysos
Back