Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I'm speechless - Vandalism

The act of a coward.

Feel for you.

What's that scene in Pulp Fiction.........."It'd be worth them doing it just so I could catch them doing it. Never f*** with a man's car"

Gutted for you, Seb.

We dont need shits like this in life.

And the shits that did it are not needed on the face of the planet.

Shootings too good for them. Dip them in paint stripper?

Abhorrent behaviour, can't begin to even imagine what goes through these peoples' minds.

Disgusting, I am super paranoid about where I leave my car, to the point that the non-car people I know think I am nuts.

This just goes to prove why, sorry state of affairs.

Hope it gets fixed up and you can move on.

PeterS said:
Gutted for you, Seb.

We dont need shits like this in life.

And the shits that did it are not needed on the face of the planet.

Shootings too good for them. Dip them in paint stripper?

Then roll them in salt.

Cnts - I hope they become even more luckless in life.

Super Gutted for you, hope you get it sorted.

One day, if a car vandal gets caught in the act by me, I will strike down upon them with great vengeance and furious anger, those to attempt to destroy my fellow 911 worshippers vehicles.

And they will know my name is the Lord, when I smack them so hard they go down like a sack of spuds.

Scummers.

p.s - And I'm not even a violent man, but car crime makes my blood boil to a whole new level.

Thinking back this reminds me of a time the alarm went off on my 1983 BMW 323i. Back in the 80s it was de rigeur to have a Blingmeister stereo and I'd got some rather nice ( :hand: tasteful) speakers on the rear shelf. I'd also fitted the twin ultrasonic alarm on the rear shelf but pointing forwards.

Anyway around 1am the alarm goes off and I'm roused from knocking a few back so go out to investigate. Someone had Stanley knifed the whole of the rear screen out but the alarm had been tripped and foiled their plans :wink: So I come up with a cunning plan and just put the glass back in the frame and decide to lie in wait :grin:

Within 30mins the scroat comes back for another go :eek: Armed with a tasty lump hammer I'm out life Linford Christie with the baton and, whilst we share some physical similarities, whereas he would be wearing trainers I had the misfortune of double soled brogues and some deep wale cord trousers to hold me up.

The scroat was obviously alerted by my brogues on the gravel and got a flyer with me in hot pursuit flailing the hammer. I was closing but due to the light rain on the tarmac lost my footing and went down. When I recovered he'd long gone :nooo: Had I caught him, who knows :bandit:

Whilst I sorted the rear screen on the Insurance windscreen excess watching the fitter's hand's bleed as he tried to get the original glass into a new rubber akin to OJ Simpson trying on a pair of gloves, it turned out rather expensive as I needed an invisible repair to my trousers :what:

Some years later I was telling this story to a work 'colleague'. "That's nothing" he retorted and goes on to tell me how he was having yobs congregate on the corner outside his house. He would dress up in a black tracksuit and balaclava and hide in the bushes. When they came round he'd make sure he grabbed one, dusted then up, with the offer of 'ripping their head off and shitting down their neck' :what: . He never had any trouble after that. His tales of when he was a doorman in Manchester were most entertaining. Sadly he died of alcohol poisioning :nooo:

Can't top Zingers' stories but this is dispacable! It really makes me wonder how people are wired. :frustrated:

vandalism

Back in the 1980's a friend of mine was in the local town for a takeaway in his MG Maestro( I Know!) and was walking back to it when the youth he was following kicked the rear light in! He walked up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned round,gave him a haymaker and broke his jaw. Unfortunately the local sherrif was not so understanding and fined mate £1000. I bet it was the last car the scroat vandalised though!

Gutted for you , hope you get it back to normal soon :thumb:

Also sorry to hear this story. Mindless vandalism and chucking rubbish makes me very angry indeed.

It reminds me of a mate of mine that was inflagrante with some poor 'unfortunate' girl. Fast approaching the money shot he heard his car alarm go off. It was parked outside her upstairs window. He soon stopped and checked through the window to see some little sh#ts trying to steal his motor, weighed up the pros and cons and decided the money shot was more important :D .

Priorities :lol:

Pip

Stuff like that makes my blood boil! That's obviously a premeditated attack before they went to the effort of getting paint stripper & a screw driver or the likes...

A good few years ago, I was coming out of a takeaway when some pi$$head slammed a beer bottle on the roof of my car, actually denting the roof.
He was a bit bigger than me, so I wasn't about to give him a square go. Revenge was sweet though, visualise the bag snatcher scene from Crocodile Dundee... Very satisfying.

:evil:

Absolutely disgusting! Never understood the mentality of people who do this – utterly mindless! Makes it hard to own nice things!

While we're talking retribution, some years ago I was parked in a less-than-desirable part of town and my alarm went off – window smashed and stereo ripped out. I chased him down an alley, across a busy road into another alley where, for the sake of continuity with my version of events, he fell over and was out cold. I even called an ambulance for the thieving scumbag. The police were far more interested in pursuing me than arresting the chap laying asleep on the floor clutching a screwdriver in one hand and my stereo in the other. Fortunately, when he regained consciousness in hospital he couldn't remember a thing. He didn't show up in court and when I offered to go and get him, the police told me that I'd then end up in court myself – they didn't like it when I said I'd just not show up!

Anyway, I do hope you get the car back to its former glory asap.

Really sorry to read about another mindless act.

This serves to support my theory as to why so many 911's and other desirable cars often record low mileages. The one thing that comes to mind when I go somewhere new is where am I going to park safely. OK google is useful with street view etc. but as in this case you can never be sure how safe the car is going to be. So frequently we chose to use the family car knowing it will attract less attention and the 911 sits forlorn at home once again.

Its wrong I know and I should be more optimistic but events like this bring it home to you, I only wish I was wealthy enough not to care about the repair cost - I bet then it would not happen.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back