Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Horn replacement Part Alternative - BMW E46

AntonyC

I thought i would share some useful information, my low tone horn had been broken for a while and recently the high tone faulted. Ive got an MOT coming up so i took the front PU off and tested the voltage to both horns and both were getting 12v.

So i looked at getting a pair of replacement horns and OEM used pair were £40-50 on ebay.

I thought there has to be a common VAG part which is the same for a fraction of the price. I trawled through lots of vehicles looking for the small two pin connection that the 996 has. Eventually came across a BMW E46 horn which had the same connection. I bought a used pair on eBay £15 delivered. Admittedly the connections are facing a slightly different direction but the wire loom is long enough to connect OK.

Here's the BMW E46 part on carparts4less: https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/sea...L30rGGgXnjcObyRMLmqMtHrEO-N4tNtxoCq1UQAvD_BwE

I hope this helps other people out.

That's great info shared. I know that the rear number plate lights on my 996 are also marked with a BMW logo. Cant work out which BMW they are off of though, I need new lights!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back