Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help with M605 - vacuum headlight adjustment

Cloggie

Hi all, just joined this forum - I am a Dutchman living in Canada at the moment and doing a restomod of a 1989 Carrera. It will end up having a 3.4 with PMO throttle bodies, 6 speed G50 (yes in an early 1989 G model), drip rails removed along with sunroof and full backdate to 1973 S appearance.

But, I am fitting the M605 headlight adjustment option to the car as in my previous 911 I had some challenges with not annoying oncoming traffic at night when the car load varied (full luggage, 2 passengers etc).

I have all the parts, and have fitted the system pretty well, but I cannot find where exactly to fit the vacuum reservoir (as per attached pictures). The factory parts list shows it at the end of ~1m of hose, so obviously it goes on the right hand side (my car is LHD)...but I can't find any sort of holes/bracket or whatever to mount it.

I am hoping someone who has the M605 option in an '89 can tell me where exactly it goes, how it is mounted or what it is mounted to.

A big thanks in advance if anyone can tell me, this one has befuddled me for a while

D.

Attachments

• vacuum_reservoir_183.jpg
    vacuum_reservoir_183.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 2,080
  • img_3293_147.jpg
    img_3293_147.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,080

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members