Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help - Which fascia kit for Pioneer double din head unit?

Igurisu

Montreal
I'm having a Pioneer Avic F950 DAB head unit installed (replacing my PCM), but we seem to have hit a problem for the fascia kit. The audio guy fitting the kit is trying to find a solution, but I thought I'd also try on here and maybe get something from people who have installed similar units.

The connects2 kit http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/conn...n-stereo-fascia-fitting-panel-kit-p-9382.html states that its only for cars without cup holders. I've seen some pics of installs where the cupholders have been retained, so I'm a little confused. I would like to keep the cup holder if possible.

Can anybody point me in the right direction of kits they have used? I've been googling round and checking the bay, but most seem to refer back to the kit above, and everything I've found says "no cupholder".

Hi

I'm about to have the same unit fitted to my MY04 Cab, albeit minus the DAB, and all the research I've done suggests that the kit you're talking about fits no problem with the cupholder.

HTH

Jon

I'll find out soon Jon, we've gone ahead and ordered it now :?

I was going to go with the BT version, but I thought for the sake of an extra £50 I'd get DAB functionality added. I love Planet Rock goodness :)

Hi Pete, hope you are well?
Should be ok mate, although I had mine fitted professionally, it is a Pioneer unit and as you can see from my pic, the cupholder unit is still intact.

Attachments

• pioneer_281.jpg
    pioneer_281.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 2,478
Good thanks mate :)

I ummed and ahhed about tackling the job myself, but I've only done basic stereos in the past. So I've gone to a pro to install it, it was just the description of "without cupholder" that threw him.

We can compare installs on the next run out :)

Hope you have more luck than I did, ordered a CT23 PO02, it even had that number on the box, unfortunately the bezel in the box was for a 997 by the looks of it so no way it would fit! Got refund just got to get round to trying again ...... With the right one :lol:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back