Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help - Several dash warning lights/symbols

dave421

Hi All

Our 2015 Macan has flashed up some lights/symbols. My wife was driving it a couple of days ago and several warnings flashed up at the same time - Suspension system fault Adapted driving permitted.
Fault parking brake - ABS/PSM failure Adapted driving permitted.
No all-wheel sys. Only rear-wh drives Adapted driving permitted.

Once the ignition was turned off and on again they all disappeared and all was good? I took it out to try and get it to happen again and it did but first I got the PSM warning light come on for a few seconds and I felt it cut the power a bit to the engine then the light went out (I also think I felt the abs on the brake pedal for a split second but not 100%) and a few seconds later I got all the messages my wife got.

Any ideas it does all reset once the ignition has been turned off and I have scanned for fault codes but none are saved ??????

Any else experienced this ??

TIA

What's the battery like? When a battery is on its way out it seems modern cars start to have issues with monitoring components and throwing up ghost faults etc.

Zingari said:
What's the battery like? When a battery is on its way out it seems modern cars start to have issues with monitoring components and throwing up ghost faults etc.

HI Thanks for the reply, I believe the battery is fine as it starts and charges ok. I suppose there could be a cell dying? I will get it checked....

Its strange there are no fault codes listed .. i think perhaps your tester might not be reading the PSM/ABS systems that well .

From your description i would lean towards a wheel speed sensor is failing or giving a strange reading the Control unit doesn't like .. there should be a fault code for this though .

I have a Cayenne coming in for x2 of these sensors next week after i diagnosed them as faulty .. 1 had a code the other popped up on a road test as also being defective .

I would hazard a guess they are the same sensors and on the Cayennes have been superseded to a new part due to issues .

deMort said:
Its strange there are no fault codes listed .. i think perhaps your tester might not be reading the PSM/ABS systems that well .

From your description i would lean towards a wheel speed sensor is failing or giving a strange reading the Control unit doesn't like .. there should be a fault code for this though .

I have a Cayenne coming in for x2 of these sensors next week after i diagnosed them as faulty .. 1 had a code the other popped up on a road test as also being defective .

I would hazard a guess they are the same sensors and on the Cayennes have been superseded to a new part due to issues .

Hi Thank you for the reply, I also suspected a abs/wheel sensor but did not want to put it into the original post so not to lead people this way. Yes my old reader is not the best so this maybe why i do not get any fault codes. I will try and get access to a better reader. Thank you again.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back