Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 4S Fault messages

Steve Taylor1

Hi People
So recently after 5 - 10 mins driving the following messages have started come up:
PSM loss possible to drive on carefully
Start stop operation deactivated
4 wheel drive limited possible to drive on

Slowing down: rumbling from under the rear / middle of the car

Then I pull over and within about 20 seconds the car runs like it has a miss-fire.

Turn off car, 10 - 15 seconds later restart car and drive away, no retained messages car run's normally messages don't reappear..... until I drive the car the next day.

The car also has the famed check the hi level brake light - likely due to the broken wire issue

Any idea
Many thanks

All the best
Steve T

Steve Taylor1 said:
Hi People
So recently after 5 - 10 mins driving the following messages have started come up:

I've experienced the above problems in isolation of the later issues you described. Have you noticed anything odd when braking? Such as the pedal sticking slightly before it returns to top of its travel?

My Turbo S had this. If I remember it was a coil pack issue fixed under warranty

TonyC911 said:
Steve Taylor1 said:
Hi People

I've experienced the above problems in isolation of the later issues you described. Have you noticed anything odd when braking? Such as the pedal sticking slightly before it returns to top of its travel?

No : it does rumble from under the rear / middle of the car, other than already described nothing...

Steve Taylor1 said:
Slayer said:
My Turbo S had this. If I remember it was a coil pack issue fixed under warranty

So a 2013 car would this still be covered under a warranty????

If you've got an extended warranty in place ...... yes.

Steve Taylor1 said:
Slayer said:

Well worth having an OPC warranty. It's 10 years now , you could have it for 5 more . It will be a 111 point check at an OPC and buy it.

I second the OPC warranty

Just had a Rear axle steering fault message appear and then disappear. If its rack its 3K !

T8 said:
Steve Taylor1 said:
Slayer said:

If you've got an extended warranty in place ...... yes.

Unfortunately if you haven't already got a warranty in place you'd need to have these existing faults fixed before you would be accepted on to the scheme.

Fixed

New battery
new coil packs
New spark plugs

All good
now to fix the rear spoiler wiring fault

Hi Steve,

I'm experiencing the same High Brake Light fault. Caused by frayed and broken cables. Despite 2 previous fixes, the wires snapped once again.

Here's what I gathered from other forums and all photo credits are to them (Rennlist, Google and You Tube sources).
An improved, longer cable part number 991 612 881 01 though it could break yet again. Some recommend DIY-ing longer, durable cables and routing them around that hinge (instead of through it).

To reveal the cables within the spoiler lid, follow this video from 4mins onwards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGR6qIPIt5A

Here's a video for spoiler assembly removal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHXOWnaQclw

I'll post my pics when I get around to doing the job!

Cheers!

Attachments

• screenshot_2023_08_08_at_115709_pm_856.png
    screenshot_2023_08_08_at_115709_pm_856.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 188
  • screenshot_2023_08_09_at_12858_am_391.png
    screenshot_2023_08_09_at_12858_am_391.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 188
  • screenshot_2023_08_09_at_122212_am_166.png
    screenshot_2023_08_09_at_122212_am_166.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 188
  • screenshot_2023_08_09_at_122250_am_206.png