Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello, newbie here.

It looks tired and unloved mate. Oil misting might be nothing more than a slight leak from something innocuous that's blown about and coats everything. On the other hand it could be something that's a pain in the butt to fix. Without cleaning the underside off it's hard to tell.

How much is the car? It's all down to price really. If it's dirt cheap a grand or two can transform a car. It needs to be really cheap though as it looks tatty.

The fact the vendor has not even cleaned it speaks volumes.

Just saw the price.......he's having a laugh.

That car would need to be 11k tops for me to even consider it. Just my opinion.

Parsley said:

:chin:

Have you seen asking prices in the current market :?:

£17,500 for a sub-£100k mile manual 996 isn't as far OTT as you might think - although the seller of that one deserves a :wack: for presenting it in such a poor state.

This C4 looks a better bet.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11887107

T8 said:
Parsley said:

:chin:

Have you seen asking prices in the current market :?:

£17,500 for a sub-£100k mile manual 996 isn't as far OTT as you might think - although the seller of that one deserves a :wack: for presenting it in such a poor state.

This C4 looks a better bet.

That c4 looks way nicer.

I agree prices have gone up a bit. But even so I think it's overpriced

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11887107

Prices have risen by £3k-£5k for similar cars since I started looking for a 996.
If they increase to £20k+ before I make a purchase then I can't warrant having it as a 3rd/4th car.

I agree prices have risen. Have they risen as much as people think? I'm not so sure. But do agree things have gone up.

The c4 T8 put a link to looks a lovely example. There is some nice stuff out there at reasonable money if you keep looking but you might have to bide your time and be prepared to pounce as soon as something comes up.
The first car you put up looked a great buy at very sensible money. I think if that type of thing comes up to secure it probably would require a deposit straight away to get it removed from sale. All hindsight of course and in no way trying to say "you should have done this" as every situation is different.
Anyway, rambling now, sorry.

If I see anything online I'll post a link up. The car you viewed today WOULD make a nice car. It would need to be cheaper though imo. Good luck.

Congrats, I hope it works out to be the car you hope it to be :thumb:

Nice Wig

If I ever see mine again we'll go for a tear-up :thumb:

Lovely car - health to drive and enjoy. :thumb:

Look forwards to hearing your first driving impressions.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back