Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hard Back seats

porkchops

Monza
I recently got my centre console painted to match the car coulour and it makes such a difference to the interior that I am contemplating the idea of replacing my standard seats with hard back seats in my C4S.

Looking on ebay it seems that they are all are manually operated especially back/forward adjustment. Is this the case on all hard back or do they exist fully electric (like my current standard ones)?

Any (other) downside from standard to hard back before I decide to spend a small fortune on the 'upgrade'?

Hi,

All 996 Sport seats have only the back section electric.

Definitely worth the upgrade.

Heated and Crested options are a real bonus.

Go for it, you’ll be glad you did

Vinny

Menace said:
Hi,

All 996 Sport seats have only the back section electric.

Definitely worth the upgrade.

Heated and Crested options are a real bonus.

Go for it, you’ll be glad you did

Vinny

I can't stand heated seats but I would love to have the crested ones, I had it in my old one and it's superb touch!

997 sports seats are easier to find and more comfortable than the 996 sports seats, the only issue is the wiring - not impossible but not plug and play.

photek said:
997 sports seats are easier to find and more comfortable than the 996 sports seats, the only issue is the wiring - not impossible but not plug and play.

I am sure that's the case but I want to keep my car as original as possible and don't want to start mixing things up.

With regards to the electronic adjustments and memory....I just have come across a post on FB of someone who managed to make the hardback seats fully electronically adjustable like the standard ones by swapping motors etc. Seems pretty involved especially for the driver seat but would be amazing to not loose any of the electronic adjustment.

Full Electronic + memory hardback seats

Attachments

• screenshot_2023_09_28_at_103034_224.png
    screenshot_2023_09_28_at_103034_224.png
    796.3 KB · Views: 339
I swapped my comfort seats for sports, and painted the hardbacks body colour to match the centre console at the same time. I also fitted heated seat pads for year round driving.
I removed the map pockets on both seats and smoothed them out before painting, looks much better like this.

Something else I did was swap the passenger back for the drivers side and vise versa, this took any wear from the bolsters and put fresh padding and leather on the outside of both seats and hid any wear between the seats.

infrasilver said:
I swapped my comfort seats for sports, and painted the hardbacks body colour to match the centre console at the same time. I also fitted heated seat pads for year round driving.
I removed the map pockets on both seats and smoothed them out before painting, looks much better like this.

Something else I did was swap the passenger back for the drivers side and vise versa, this took any wear from the bolsters and put fresh padding and leather on the outside of both seats and hid any wear between the seats.

Some good suggestions :thumbs: I like the idea of removing the map pockets prior to painting

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back