Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gutted!

Typical OPC..

See what they can get away and then try and tell you its "fine"..

Disgusting behaviour.

Many OPC second hand cars will have some paintwork carried out .. usually bumper / bonnet due to stone chips .

To not bother and sell as is in the dark .. that's depressing .

I really didn't think I'd have anything to worry about given the brand and the product, I was quite prepared to jump in and go, lucky my wife spotted a couple of bits for me to check and find more.

Spending in excess of 6 figures to get 'it's a used car" is not the one.

Concept said:
I really didn't think I'd have anything to worry about given the brand and the product, I was quite prepared to jump in and go, lucky my wife spotted a couple of bits for me to check and find more.

Very few OPC's try and have some good standards . They are interested in hitting the targets and quick turnover :nooo:
All of my cars were distant purchases via OPC's , not seen them till the day of handover. Some were not upto the mark in terms of paintwork.

Concept said:

Sorry double post!

You did the right thing.

What P me Off about main dealers is that when your selling them your car they pull it to pieces and try to devalue it as much as they can and then when they're selling a car they bum it up and you get there and experience what you found.

I bought a car last week in Solihull and much the same thing happened. I'd told them I was coming down and so expected the car to be in a fully valeted condition. When I got there it looked great, as in nice and clean but when I opened the bonnet there were leaves and dust everywhere. On the interior there were marks on the black leather seats, dirt under the seats and chips on the door edges. I told them straight away if it's not sorted today I'm off home.
The sales manager was sat in his office like a tailors dummy so I went in and told him in no uncertain terms that the presentation of 'his' car was shameful and that as Sales manager he's responsible. He wasn't impressed at all and immediately started ordering people about. 2 hours later the car was immaculate and I took it away. Just don't think I'll be getting an invite to their Xmas party!

This also proves one very good point, buying from an OPC or any dealer for that matter doesn't guarantee your getting a Tip Top car and buying from a private seller can save you thousands over dealerships over inflated prices.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back