Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3RS lookalike on Collecting Cars

What makes you say RS look-a-like ?
It looks like a 997.1 GT3 to me with a 997.2 GT3 wing fitted, am I missing something ?
I don't know the car though it looks ok.

Plumb said:
It looks like a 997.1 GT3 to me with a 997.2 GT3 wing fitted, am I missing something ?

:?

It looks like a Gen1 RS wing to me.

T8 said:
Plumb said:

Could be a Gen1 RS wing or the wing or similar to the GT3 Gen 2 wing.

Plumb said:
T8 said:
Plumb said:

Could be a Gen1 RS wing or the wing or similar to the GT3 Gen 2 wing.

Gen 1 RS wing, gen 2 seats and sold for £58k by the looks of it.

I went to see it today. The good bits are that it really is a GT3. The bad bits are that the carbon interior is totally shot, with practically every piece either cracked, delaminated or both.

Without going through the parts list, I'm going to hazard £15K to rectify with new parts. Does anyone have any ideas of approximate cost to repair? Otherwise, how do purists feel about carbon fibre delete with standard factory parts?

Finally, it appears to have had a catastrophic coolant failure, and was recovered back to an independent. How worried should I really be? How well does the Metzger cope with a brief loss of coolant?

Is this the car on CC, brought into the country a few years ago and has a hole in service history.
It was only sold last week on CC for £62k is it now at a dealer?

Me thinks the CF interior condition would be my least concern :hand: :hand:

A Dubai car?

Cunno said:
Is this the car on CC, brought into the country a few years ago and has a hole in service history.
It was only sold last week on CC for £62k is it now at a dealer?

Me thinks the CF interior condition would be my least concern :hand: :hand:
Think your thinking of another car

It might be the same one, although it sold for £58K not £62K. It has a gap in service as the last two were 2022 and 2016. No 2018 or 2020 services. It's also left-hand drive.

Depends how many carbon parts were inside. I fitted a carbon interior in my 911 and all parts were used, except the centre console which was from DB Carbon in Germany (looks better than OEM). If you can source the parts I'd say it can be done for £2,500 - £3,000 (depending on which parts were carbon.

My 997 has (had) carbon bits and I have removed some a) as some were not in a acceptable condition and b) I am nota big fan of too much.

I removed the central tunnel to fit a painted one (brighten the inside), the trim on top of the dash and the gear knob (as gone leather steering wheel and gear knob).

plavix said:
It might be the same one, although it sold for £58K not £62K. It has a gap in service as the last two were 2022 and 2016. No 2018 or 2020 services. It's also left-hand drive.

Same car £62 including fees. The only stuff I know was all in the comments and question section on CC

On the face of it it looked like a nice car with some nice mods. Dubai is a hard climate for cars so if your interested just get it checked over by a top Indy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back