Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Glut of 996 Turbos on the market

What creature comforts?

I had both for 6 months, I really liked them. Despite the looks, they are not that far away from each other. The 997 looks newer and so does the interior, but there is something about the 996 silhouette that's aged well over time.

I'd still have a 997 at the same money today, but as time goes by, I might sway !!

996T/ 997T

Thinking more about why there might be so many on the market:

In 2013 when they bottomed out a typical 996 Turbo could be bought for between £20k and £30k at which point people saw them for the bargain they were and demand went crazy. By 2015 exactly the same cars would cost a buyer £30k to £45k.

Over the last 5 years values have slipped back a little and seem to have found a level. Maybe it's that which has caused owners to accept that now is as good a time as any for them to sell. i.e The cars are unlikely to go up in value anytime soon and there's also a decent pool of buyers that see c£40k as about the right money.

As an aside, with regard to the 997 Turbo:

It's worth noting that they bottomed out in value a couple of years after the 996 Turbo - in 2015 - but at nowhere near as lower price point as the 996T. I didn't see any cars advertised at below £35k unless they were a Cat C/D and only high mileage examples were advertised for sub-£40k.

The rise in value of the 996T pushed the prices of 997 Turbos back up and whilst there was (and is) a cross-over between good 996Ts and poor 997Ts.

Now, in 2020, five years on it's clear to see that the market for both cars has stabilised with both cars being advertised at similar prices to what they were then. The newer model still typically costs 20% more to buy than the older one with both representing excellent value for money at their respective price points.

Alex said:
What creature comforts?

Mostly PCM 3! PDK isn't bad either. Both the 99) and 997 are getting on a bit, so it will be a highly personal choice.

A £150 android head unit blew any Porsche creature comforts out the water for me.

T8 your red turbo is beautiful :chin:

I'd love a turbo but I like the looks of my C2 and I'd dare not part with it due to it's condition as I'd not be sure I could find another as good.

Also I've got other itches to scratch and swapping my C2 for a turbo + cash would push those even further out than they are now :santa:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back