Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

From Gen2 to 991

cambsguy said:
T8 said:
:thumb: :envy:

Looks like you got it from Paragon. :?:
yes it was from Paragon

If you picked it up from Paragon and crashed it on the M11 I'd suggest you don't put that you'd only had it 20 minutes on your Insurance claim form. :grin:

Condolencies again.

T8 said:
cambsguy said:
T8 said:
:thumb: :envy:

Looks like you got it from Paragon. :?:
yes it was from Paragon

If you picked it up from Paragon and crashed it on the M11 I'd suggest you don't put that you'd only had it 20 minutes on your Insurance claim form. :grin:

Condolencies again.

Thanks, we actually met at M25/M11 junction and swapped cars there ,,,,

cambsguy said:
jonboy said:
Bloody hell I was reading page one with interest expecting to see more pictures on page 2 ...... and definitely not expecting to read it was written off.... relived to read you are ok - must be heavy damage to be written off.

Yes just about every panel was damaged, needed a new body shell and estimate was over £50k, thus deemed as uneconomical to repair .. :sad: now looking for a replacement one :lol:

White cars, look great when clean but heard they get dirty pretty soon.... :coat:

Glad to hear you're okay, that's the main thing. Let us know what the Insurance people sting you for, in premium and payout, you might find some helpful suggestions here before you settle with them.

Jim

Another 991

Great new, Insurance company have come up with the settlement on my write-off, lost £1500 in total which was down to excess and the extra PSE on invoice, so could have been worse. !!!

Have to say, Admiral Insurance didn't mess about too much, one thing I did learn thou, make sure any material facts like endorsements/accidents etc are logged with your insurers as they do go through your history with a fine tooth comb...... dread to think what would have happened if I had a speeding conviction and had not notified them.

Excellent result on the Insurance claim - all sorted in about 3 weeks or so. That is a good performance from Admiral.

Any idea what your next car will be ?

DRZ911 said:
Excellent result on the Insurance claim - all sorted in about 3 weeks or so. That is a good performance from Admiral.

Any idea what your next car will be ?

Purchased another white 991 C2s from Porsche Glasgow. Just waiting for prep etc and delivery ☺️

Hi Targa 4 thanks for pointing this out to me, it sure was mine, have just sent the seller a pm as i still have all the docs and key etc, maybe worth something to them!

£44K as salvage value seems high. :eek:

To do a proper repair job, possibly a new body shell is required.

If the car was broken and the bits sold individually, can't see how a return would be made on £44K expenditure. :?:

DRZ911 said:
£44K as salvage value seems high. :eek:

To do a proper repair job, possibly a new body shell is required.

If the car was broken and the bits sold individually, can't see how a return would be made on £44K expenditure. :?:

OPC quoted £50,000 for repairs, they said it needed a new body shell..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back