Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Friends Green Porsche - Bad Experience now Resolved, but...

Ah FZP unacceptable these days I think!

We used to use Billy and Bobby from Basildon back in the day, they were big,smelly, very polite but dreadfully clumsy if you know what I mean - but remarkably successful!

porsche996aero said:
This has now officially descended into total farce.

Friends Green Porsche is still refusing to refund me the money unless I take down this review. I have now been told that I have until the end of today to remove it or he will see me in court.

To clarify my previous statement on this, perhaps you will permit me to quote, verbatim, an extract from our SMS exchange from yesterday evening (I don't believe the seller could reasonably expect any degree of privacy in his correspondence, given the situation, and he'll have a hard time arguing copyright violation on this one.):

OP:
No. Let's start with the refund and we'll go from there. I'm still contemplating whether I should seek to claim the cost of the PPI from you. Plus I haven't even started on wider forms of social media.

FGP:
No thanks

Do you know what. I'll write my reply to your letter and will see you in court.

OP:
Look. I'm prepared to leave it, as is, if you refund me my £500 deposit. I think that's extremely fair, all things considered. I will also contemplate taking down the thread if you behave reasonably. I think you've done your reputation enough damage already.

FGP:
No - take it down and I will refund you. Otherwise I will see you in court. I am confident I will win in court and you have already done your moaning on online media, so the damage has already been done anyway.

To Friends Green Porsche - this is entirely a bonfire of your own making. Stop pouring petrol on it.

This thread just keeps giving - I am checking in throughout the day for the latest instalment!

porsche996aero am afraid this doesn't look like this is going to have a happy ending for you or FGP. It seems to have escalated to such a level, that only a lose/lose is possible.

mrgrey - interesting find (if indeed it is the same company), that may explain some of the unusual behaviour by FGP, where they seem to have backed themselves into a corner. Reading the FGP replies, earlier in the thread, they are articulate and well constructed (albeit the logic seems to be awry), which seems at odds with the events that appear to have transpired.

mrgrey said:

We used to use Billy and Bobby from Basildon back in the day, they were big,smelly, very polite but dreadfully clumsy if you know what I mean - but remarkably successful!
We lost a great character back home called Mark "Chopper" Read. They made a movie about him plates by Eric Bana called Chopper. Cut his own ears off to get out of H Division.
Chopper would be quite influential in this instance.
Highly recommend the movie, on YouTube!

Sorry. I'm a bit late to the party. Is there any beer left?

All I would add as a sort of postscript, is that it's always worth checking who you're dealing with, before doing a deal. The internet is so big these days, there's no excuse. And even that may not be enough.

FZP said:
mrgrey said:

We lost a great character back home called Mark "Chopper" Read. They made a movie about him plates by Eric Bana called Chopper. Cut his own ears off to get out of H Division.
Chopper would be quite influential in this instance.
Highly recommend the movie, on YouTube!

Top film!!

Didn't he right a book - How to lose friends and alienate people?

We have a local guy and his rates we're always very good. 100% sucess rate and VAT free too. He used to have a price list for his 'methods'. All very professional.

He's still 'active' :grin:

Edit: I knew it was something like that:

9781742613406.jpg

I think in the interest of getting the OP's deposit back, if that is what FGP have promised, then this thread should be removed. We'll then see if Luke is a man of his word. (And presumably if that doesn't happen then 911uk can resurrect the thread in all its glory.)

+1.

Although I had a similar issue with ECP & it was all wind.

Think we may be past the PONR now.

Just to add, having taken a large company to the SCC, they had initially vigorously rejected us but as soon as the SCC papers landed with them they called with a settlement offer. The danger is that Luke at FGP does not have the sense to know when to draw things to a close.

Also to note, although Luke is the sole director of FGP, (and may look to fold and phoenix) it is possible to pursue the individual after they dissolve a business. I once worked with an FD who had a real mean streak and he did this on more than one occasion. If Luke's reading this he may want to look into how much of a pain bankruptcy really is.

Dear all

The buyer and I have come to an agreement. He is having his deposit refunded in full as requested and this thread is being removed.

The car is scheduled to have the remedial work completed on 16/02/2018.

The company's existence coming to an end is a totally separate and unrelated issue. It was formed circa 18 months ago, but I decided to remain trading as a sole trader rather than under a limited company. The company was therefore never used and has no online accounts. There will be no new company formed and no new business name as some have anticipated; I will remain trading as Friends Green Porsche.

The premises is owned by myself and my Brother. It is an old farm with a farm house that I live in and old agricultural buildings permitted for business use.

It is astonishing that I am having to answer to personal issues such as my home on the internet, but unfortunately some felt it necessary to critic on these things.

I am thankful to the people that have been reading this thread and contacted by email to say they could understand my position. To those of you who did not, but wrote in a reasoned manner, i respect your opinions.

It was never about the money here, it was about the principle of someone messing you around and backing out of an agreement when you are just trying to run a business. However, I hold my hands up and admit that it is lesson learnt with this one. It is not worth the grief - The customer is always right.

All the best
FGP

Well done :thumbs:

Unfortunately there's highs and lows in life. You've just to orchestrate avoiding the lows.......or ride them out with a smile on your face.

Looks like Uncle Chopper popped round.
You don't get applause for doing the right thing chief. What's the saying, do the right thing when everyone is watching, that's honesty. Doing the right thing when no one's watching, that's integrity.
I would like to think that you'd want to leave this thread up to show that you can be a person of integrity, even though the thread was prickly to begin with.

Attachments

• pfhhdvp_100.gif
    pfhhdvp_100.gif
    1 MB · Views: 4,222
Phil 997 said:
HSC911 said:
mrgrey said:
Perhaps there is another FGP ?

Bl00dy hope not :sad:

But something tell's me that there may be a 'new' ltd Company soon to be formed selling the same cars :chin:

:grin:

It only costs £500 to set up a new company :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

:worship: :worship:

Class comment brightened up the thread ...oh the irony!

:thumbs:

Good decision FGP. There is a lesson there. And it isn't 'the customer is always right'! Rather it is let's get real here and think this through. Arguing over 250 quid is a complete non starter. Well done on making the right choice albeit a twinge later than ideal!
Rick

Well done FGP.

Common sense has prevailed, much has been learnt, hope that they go on to develop a highly respected business.

Those who choose to buy/sell 911s should bear in mind this is a fairly close well informed marketplace, where numerous very knowledgeable enthusiasts exist. This forum helps us all to learn and stay safe.

The thread endeth soon?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back