Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flat battery

barefoot

Monza
2002 turbos battery keeps going flat. I bought a new battery but to no avail. I have noticed when I am sat in the car with the key out of the ignition there is a clicking sound coming from behind the glove box somewhere. It sounds like a CD changer but it obviously isn't. Has anyone any ideas what the noise might be as I am thinking that it's this flattening the battery.

Could be a heater box flap constantly operating. Also check glove box light and frunk light are going out when closed. My glove box light was staying on and flattening the battery over time. Obviously nothing to do with the clicking your hearing. Sounds like a mixer door or something? Just an idea.

Old trackers can often be a drain on the battery - won't the the source of your clicking though... Both 996's I have owned had trackers that were dead but still a drain.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back