Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ferrari confirms Badoer for Spa weekend

Porsche News

Ferrari on Sunday confirmed that Luca Badoer will contest his second grand prix for the Italian team this coming weekend in Belgium.

The team's 38-year-old test driver struggled notably at the wheel of injured Felipe Massa's car at Valencia, qualifying last and then finishing seventeenth while his teammate Kimi Raikkonen took the other F60 to the podium.

Moreover, Badoer made mistakes throughout his first F1 weekend since 1999, featuring four pitlane speeding fines on Friday, being overtaken in the pitlane during the race, and incurring a drive-through penalty for crossing the pit-exit white line.

Even so, team boss Stefano Domenicali on Sunday said Badoer retains the drive for the second leg of the double-header at Spa-Francorchamps this weekend.

"Luca managed to finish the race, thus completing this learning weekend, which served as an introduction course prior to tackling the Belgian weekend in the best way possible, next weekend," he said in a team document.

Badoer commented: "I am looking forward to Spa with confidence: it's a track I know and I will also be able to count on the experience gained this weekend."

Ferrari's chief engineer Chris Dyer said Sunday was another difficult day for Badoer, but noted the improvement he has made throughout the weekend.

"It should be stressed how much he improved, continuously day by day, lap after lap," said the Australian.

"We are confident that he will find himself in much better shape next weekend in Belgium," Dyer added.

Attachments

• schumacherheadlock_145.jpg
    schumacherheadlock_145.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 2,563
They would have been better putting Jean Todt :puh: (or a crocked Schumi c/w neck brace) in the car.....or running just one Ferrari.

How about trying Nelson Piquet Jnr to see if a change of car would restore his confidence - he's in current practice & would almost certainly do better than Badoer :?:
Discuss :pc:

Yep, Brundle made the exact comment that Piquet may be worth a go, though I'm still not sure if he was joking!

Wonder if Sean's anywhere near Spa this weekend ;)

It does go to show how bloody good most of the top drivers really are - I mean, Badoer has been Ferrari test driver for 10 years and is that far off the pace. God knows what a normal person would be like (except me of course as I'd be ACE!)

kryten said:
Wonder if Sean's anywhere near Spa this weekend ;)

Hmm - but would he fit in an F1 car :?:

At the moment, the BBC probably have a better overall driver line up than Ferrari though with Coultard (BBC F1) and Anthony Davidson (Five Live)...

Not Kimi fast individually, but both would be in with a shout of points...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back