Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Faded Bonnet Crest / Badge

KillsBugs

Has anyone come across a faded badge like this? Seems as though the discolouring is on the very surface of the crest on the black parts, but almost as if the colour is present below that.

Would be great if I could bring it back without buying a replacement - any ideas?

Attachments

• img_0217_553.jpeg
    img_0217_553.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 766
...I'd have a go at a light rubbing down and then recoat with gloss lacquer...touch the black in with black nail varnish first

Looks a bit like water spotting :dont know:

I would have a go with a simple paintwork compound first, something like Autoglym Paint Renovator, or similar, are readily available - https://www.autoglym.com/paint-renovator

...agree if it's water damage then rub down and recoat with some lacquer :thumbs:

TonyC911 said:
Looks a bit like water spotting :dont know:

I would have a go with a simple paintwork compound first, something like Autoglym Paint Renovator, or similar, are readily available - https://www.autoglym.com/paint-renovator

I owe you both a beer, Tony & GMG - thank you! That's bugged me for 6+ years - not sure why it didn't occur to me to try and polish. Went with what I had on me (Autoglym headlight restorer polish) and sorted in two minutes! :worship:

Haven't laquered or used nail varnish yet - seems ok to me? Thanks to all for advise.

Attachments

• img_0232_666.jpg
    img_0232_666.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 593
...mine was looking sorry for its self so removed,rubbed down and a few coats of lacquer and good as new! Might save it from further deterioration?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back