Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Extending Porsche Warranty

Dubbdack

I've read various threads on extending the OPC warranty and still not sure how to best approach this.

I've bought from a dealer with one month warranty left. The last service was done by an Indy.

I've read about the 90 day exclusion but how can the OPC determine that the car wasn't bought privately?

Will they routinely ask for a V5 when requesting to update the details on the warranty?

Do I just book a minor service and ask for the warranty to be extended and hope they won't challenge it?

I think what I'm trying to find out is if there is a way to avoid the 90 day exclusion and the 111 check fee even though I've bought from a dealer however with a warranty that hasn't yet expired

If it's already under OPC warranty you can renew it without a 90 day ownership - it's fully transferable (owner to owner) assuming the previous owner hasn't cashed in the balance.

But the terms of the warranty apply, so the question is whether that has been voided by having an indy service. If it has it would take you back to the OPC route to get it checked and approved. Up to them whether they insist on a service at your cost and the 111pt check.

I'm assuming the dealer is non-OPC? The other question is whether an independent dealer can pass on the owner to owner warranty and that's where it gets a bit opaque. In my view there's no reason why not in theory.

FWIW I bought from an indy and did the 90 day thing but the deal included the indy paying for an OPC check to give me peace of mind that it would be eligible (then had to go though another 111pt check when the 3 months had passed and present V5 etc.).

If a car is sold into the trade the warranty becomes void. Anything wangled after that is done at the new owners risk. If a big claim is needed at a later date I'd be sweating that further investigation regarding this fraud wouldn't leave me in the do-do.

The selling dealer is responsible for the car under the sale of goods act regardless of whether they've bought in a third party warranty. That's the purpose of the 90 day rule. Why should Porsche's underwriters cover a dealers liability?

ps. If any claim has been made by the previous owner in that year there isn't a balance to cash in.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back