Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Erm... brace yourselves. Not sure what to say about this 997

isysman

Daytona
So I found this, not sure if it's ever been posted before. It's a bit of a hatchet job.

Want The McLaren F1 Experience? Here's A More Affordable Porsche Alternative

So you want to know what it's like to be in the cockpit of a McLaren F1 with its central driving position? That's fine and dandy but with prices on one of those being in the millions of dollars, here's an alternative which costs significantly less.

However, this isn't a McLaren as you can clearly see. It's a Porsche but this one's special because it has been converted to feature a centre seat flanked by two rear ones just like the McLaren F1.

Dubbed the Centro 911, this is a Porsche 911 Carrera S that has undergone over 300 man hours of labour to create. By re-engineering the 997-platform, the team at Shawn Bayliff's Trinity Motorsports Group managed to reposition the gauge cluster and steering wheel, shifter, pedals, centre stack, centre console and parking brake to place the driver front and centre in the cockpit. To allow for easy access in and out of the car, the Cobra racing front seat (with harness) receives a mechanism that allows it to slide left to the driver's door.

2015-centro-911-3.jpg

2015-centro-911-2.jpg

As for performance, the car performs very much like a Porsche should, even with all the changes. The includes the 3.8-litre flat-six engine which sends 355hp to the rear wheels through a six-speed manual gearbox.

This conversion was built at an approximate cost of $75,000 (not including the donor car) and is estimated to fetch around $85,000 to $115,000 (RM 348,287 to RM 471,212) at Mecum Auctions. For that money you get a car that has only done 49,004km and a driving experience like no other.

2015-centro-911-1-1.jpg

2015-centro-911-main.jpg

http://www.carlist.my/news/want-mcl...res-more-affordable-porsche-alternative/18813

well, kudos because they did.
do I like it?...no
im glad though that these people are around, because they inspire, and amaze, and sometimes shock.

medicus said:
well, kudos because they did.
do I like it?...no
im glad though that these people are around, because they inspire, and amaze, and sometimes shock.

Absolutely, whatever floats your boat. I'd love to have a drive, I bet it's something quite extraordinary.

I can only imagine how awesome that is to drive. No, I don't like the interior and the way they've kept the centre console, but chuff me if I don't still want it so hard.

:eek:

Cost: $75k + donor car

Estimated sale price: $85k

Nothing more to say really... :nooo:

:wtf:

Pay $75k to lose a seat? Like to see you get in it...and shut the door!

Add that to the cost of a "donor" car and you would be able to buy a turbo and have some money left to "tweak" it.

Know which one I would prefer :thumb:

apollokre1d said:
But you get three usable seats :)

True, but keep the donor car and with the $75k you've saved you could buy a bus to sate your seat fetish...

chimp911 said:
apollokre1d said:
But you get three usable seats :)

True, but keep the donor car and with the $75k you've saved you could buy a bus to sate your seat fetish...

You do know I was kidding right :)

Personally I do not like it.They should have dropped the PCM, it looks like a bad panorama photo.

Is it 1st April?

It looks like a crap app has disfigured the dash to me,all uneven and unbalanced. :?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back