Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine managerment light come on and lake of power

bodytalk

Hi good evening to you can any one help with my problem with my 2005 carrera s4 ? I don't use it much And went out in it over the weekend and the engine management light come on ?I did notice there was a big lack of power before this come on ???Any thoughts guys would be much appreciated

I am my be thinking one of the census on the cat ?? I am soon going to get it plugged in to see what fault codes come up ? Just putting the feelers out there just in case someone has had the same problem thanks Craig

Literally could be anything. You need to get it looked at by someone competent before throwing parts at it and guessing.

coil pack ?

issue on the 996 due to water corrosion but an easy fix

Coil packs or MAF ?

With an EML, even a £16 cheap OBD2 reader will tell you the issue. Buy one from Amazon, Euro Car Parts etc. They're usually good enough to even tell you the cylinder not firing properly, should it be plug, coil or fuel related.

May i please ask, where do you plug the fault diagnostic obd2 into ? Thanks.

Hi Mark it plugs in to the passenger side lower dashboard and it's a purp!e coloured plug it's literary on the bottom of the dashboard I hope that helps you mark

I'm more interested how lake of power feels!

sorry, had to

MAF so often gets overlooked... :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back