Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Failure Indicator & OBD No Signal

P911X50

Nurburgring
Hi

Wondered if anyone can help

I fitted a new battery a couple of weeks ago and took the car for a drive..all well

This week, I tried to start the car and got a indicator failure light with the engine management light next to.

I have icarsoft scanner and tried to read the OBD and is said that it could not read? It all looks concerning.

Any ideas what could be the problem? advice advice greatly appreciated. Thx

Is the new battery holding a good charge? Does the engine try to start at all?

Hi, New Battery, Car doesn't not start. I see a picture of engine and fault indicator. My OBD isn't giving a reading

Weird, is the car outside, could wet have got to some electronics in all this rain?

no, always kept in the garage

You say new battery, but have you tested it is holding a good charge? If it's duff and voltage is low, could be the issue, if it was running fine when parked?

If you do jump start it make sure you use the jump points in the engine bay.

I've charged the battery and still nothing. It only been used once Bosche S5. The battery is fine.

No reading from OBD so can't even read the fault?

engine sign "Fault indicator" on the instrument panel

Can't start the car.

Any ideas anyone?

Any ideas anyone?

It's not been jump started and has a new battery. I cant get a reading from my OBD.

BTW: Do they batteries need coding?

Have you checked the fuse for the odb port? If you have a multimeter, check you have voltage on the power pin of the odb port. If you do, but can’t connect to the engine, try connecting to the abs or clocks (assuming your code reader supports it).

Battery doesn’t need coding.

Is it turning over and not firing, or doing nothing when you turn the key?

Try wiggling the positive lead from the battery where it goes through the bulkhead.

Jiggle it and try starting.

This stumped me on a 987 recently, could be a similar deal on the 996.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back