Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

engine compartment blower always on?

Be sure to reset the CCU by breifly disconnecting the battery after changing sensor and resistor. The unit will then try again to run the fan if needed.
Cheers,
Tore

ToreB said:
Be sure to reset the CCU by breifly disconnecting the battery after changing sensor and resistor. The unit will then try again to run the fan if needed.
Cheers,
Tore

Thanks Tore, will do.

Shiny new bits to replace 28 year old crusty ones....

Attachments

• 20221105_085752_675.jpg
    20221105_085752_675.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 857
Yippee having fitted the new temperature sensor and the new resistor the fan now works perfectly for the first time in ages.

Off when cabin temp set to zero. Slow speed when heater is on and cabin blowers at 1. High speed when blowers at 2 and above.

Hopefully it should also do everything it should regarding the engine being hot although I haven't tested that.

Thanks for everybody input and for the advice from Tore. Tbh I should have just checked his site first because it had everything that I needed to know.

I expect it was just my resistor that needed changing and maybe I should have tested them individually to find out but the temperature sensor that I took out looks pretty worse for wear. Not surprising I guess after residing in that duct for 28 years.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back