Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

eBay side sills, anyone used them?

Jason Taylor

Montreal
Quite fancy fitting the aero side sills and front lip to my .1. Turbo, I have the fixed rear aero spoiler which is already fitted and would like to finish the job but can't bring myself to pay Oem prices, any mods I have made to the car are reversible as I have kept all original parts as I would do with this, I have a great body shop who can make rough parts look great, I wondered if anyone has experience of this company regarding quality, fit and finish or any pointers to other products?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I don't know how close in design these are to,the original anyone have a pic of Oem item?

Cheers guys

Those ebay ones do not look like any OEM ones.

OEM Turbo Aerokit used the standard side skirts, just painted. Likewise the rear lower part of the bumper was the same, again just painted.

A common mod is to fit GTS/ GT2/ GT3/GT2RS side skirts but as you say, these were £650ish a pair unpainted from an OPC..... probably more expensive now.

Are GTS/GT2/GT3/GT3RS sills all the same? They look it from pictures.

I'm surprised someone like Maxton Design haven't made a suitable sill, although there stuff can be a bit hit and miss aesthetically.

The ones you posted are the techart copies.
The gt3 ones are over £800 now from Porsche as i priced them up for my 997 turbo.

I know OCD in Liverpool have some oem techart side skirts and moshammer
second hand ones for sale as they were previously removed from my car :thumb:

1marc said:
Are GTS/GT2/GT3/GT3RS sills all the same? They look it from pictures.

Yep, all the same.

maph said:
Those ebay ones do not look like any OEM ones.

OEM Turbo Aerokit used the standard side skirts, just painted. Likewise the rear lower part of the bumper was the same, again just painted. .
Interesting, my car already has those parts painted from the factory, looks like I just need the front aero splitter.

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back