Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Durametric, PST2, PIWIS type code/fault reader (£15-£30)

I have version 5.1.4.0 on my Windows XP laptop but I am unable to get live engine data etc. What I can get is very basic info such as engine details etc.
When I plug the lead in the software detects the lead is counterfeit.
Are there any other leads out there which will give me what I need?
Cheers
:thumb:

Downgrade the software to 5.0

There is minimal loss of functionality.

Genuine cables cost hundreds as that is where the licence fee is collected.

Thanks for the info. I've been on the site and the only download I can see is is the current one I have, 5.1.4.0, and also version 6 :dont know:

Hmm, guess the reason :?:

They have removed the unlocked downloads (pressumably after a server overheat from so many clone cables they don't earn a penny on).

Just to clarify from page 1:

Can run upto ver 5 on Windows XP onwards (download for free from www.durametric.com).

That means only UP TO exactly ver 5 (= 5.0.0)

PS - here is the functionality drop (for 997) between unlocked 5.0.0 and 5.1.4

Version 5.1.2
October 7th 2008
Feature
-Added new button under options for testing the k-lines in the vehicle. This will check the car to make sure the k-lines are not shorted to ground or power.

Version 5.1.0
June 8th 2008
Improvement
-Added support for Actual Values on PSM8 for 997, 987 Boxster, and Cayman.

Version 5.0.10
April 20th 2008
Improvement
-Automatic recovery if firmware is not loaded correctly. If firmware update is interrupted, firmware will now re-load at next program start.

Version 5.0.3
Feb 13th 2008
New Features
-Added detection for the computers running on battery power
-Set the processor state on the computer to full power to improve performance with some control modules.

Version 5.0.2 BETA
Feb 6th 2008
New Features
-997 Turbo Actual values
â—¦All 115 values support in the factory tool
â—¦sampling is approximatly 6 time faster then the PIWIS and can sample up to 20 time per second
-Improved performance for all control modules
â—¦Reading codes on 9x7 is approximatly 2 seconds.

Version 5.0.1 BETA
January 30th 2008
-Added 997/Boxster(987) tire pressure monitoring TPMS/RDK Reading and clearing codes

You will have to google for the software (I think I only have 3.0.15 as I can only run that on Windows ME on laptop, I will check if I have 5.0.0 saved on my PC)

Hi GT4
Any luck with version 5?
I've googled but to no avail.

I just bought one of the cables and it came with a CD.

The CD had an installation guide which talks about Windows XP SP2.

I can't find any way of telling what version it is. I don't want to install it as I already have 5.1.4 installed (on Win 7).

The whole CD is only 59.1MB. Am happy to mount it somewhere for you to download or I could I guess make a copy and send it.

Easiest way I think would be for me to share a Dropbox folder. Do you have Dropbox?

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark
Thanks for the reply.
I have already downloaded 5.1.4.0 but some of the features will not work.
GT4 advised that Version 5.0 may work but Durametric have taken it off their site for abvious reasons!
My lead also came with the CD but it is an old version which is also very limited. I cannot get live engine data for example.

michelin said:
Hi Mark
Thanks for the reply.
I have already downloaded 5.1.4.0 but some of the features will not work.
GT4 advised that Version 5.0 may work but Durametric have taken it off their site for abvious reasons!
My lead also came with the CD but it is an old version which is also very limited. I cannot get live engine data for example.

Ah ok. I thought maybe that the CD would be Version 5.0

I guess not.

Sorry!
Mark

The CD is 3.0.15

Sorry Michelin, only have v5.1.4 (in addition to above)

No worries GT4, thanks for taking the time to look.

Will this work on a 1995 993 :dont know: I know it says 1996+ but my car has the rectangular port and not the realy circular one on the earlier model :?

Unsure but for the cost of the lead I'd try.

Zingari said:
Will this work on a 1995 993 :dont know: I know it says 1996+ but my car has the rectangular port and not the realy circular one on the earlier model :?

Sort of.

But the onboard registers and comfort options (none) are no where near as numerous as the 996/997. Specifically, there are no engine hours or rev ranges.

No data logging.

You can read errors and reset them.

DME ver and VIN/build items
Read and reset AIRBAG, ABS, HVAC codes
Some other stuff (sorry didn't spend much time on it once I discovered it didn't allow engine data logging).

Also, note: OBD on 993 is not fully OBDII compliant, so it can be a bit glitchy.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back