Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DTM Finale, McLaren's Paffett wins race, Di Resta wins title

Porsche News

DTM SHANGHAI: PAFFETT WINS THE RACE, DI RESTA TAKES THE TITLE

It was a double celebration for Mercedes-Benz after this weekend's DTM finale in the Chinese metropolis of Shanghai.

McLaren F1 test driver Gary Paffett took the win on the day, while second place was enough for Force India Test Driver Paul Di Resta to secure the 2010 DTM championship title. Audi's Timo Scheider finished third at the 2.465 kilometre street circuit. Remaining point-scorers were Martin Tomczyk, Miguel Molina, Jamie Green, Markus Winkelhock and ex-F1 star David Coulthard in eighth place (his best result in his maiden season in the DTM).

Race Result

1. Gary Paffett Salzgitter AMG Mercedes
2. Paul Di Resta AMG Mercedes
3. Timo Scheider Audi Sport Team Abt
4. Martin Tomczyk Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline
5. Miguel Molina Audi Sport Rookie Team Abt
6. Jamie Green Junge Sterne AMG Mercedes
7. Markus Winkelhock Audi Sport Team Rosberg
8. David Coulthard Deutsche Post AMG Mercedes
9. Mattias Ekstrà¶m Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline
10. Ralf Schumacher Laureus AMG Mercedes
12. Mike Rockenfeller Audi Sport Team Phoenix
13. Bruno Spengler Mercedes-Benz Bank AMG
14. Katherine Legge Audi Sport Team Rosberg
15. CongFu Cheng stern AMG Mercedes
16. Maro Engel GQ AMG Mercedes
17. Oliver Jarvis Audi Sport Team Abt

Attachments

• 2010dtm_307.jpg
    2010dtm_307.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 4,435
....this title win(and well deserved) for Di Resta underlines his ability and why the Mercedes motorsport boss describes him as "an extraodinary talent"

Di-Resta beat Vettel in 2006 and was faster than Lewis Hamilton in carts and single seaters.

It's interesting that Force India and some other teams have not submitted their 2011 driver nominations yet to the FIA.

If this guy finally gets into F1 he can be as good as any current or previous world champion. Scotland has waited a long time for someone to fill Clark and Stewarts shoes in F1. IMO Di Resta has bucketloads of talent and can do just that to give the UK another F1 driver to cheer on. :eek:

http://uk.autoblog.com/2010/12/02/paul-di-resta-relishing-prospect-of-resuming-battle-with-seb/

Maybe you would prefer only English drivers to represent Britain in F1 then Chuffers?

Anything that can help get another very talented Brit into F1 is fine with me. :thumb:

Unfortunately money(and not always talent) is king in F1 right now so it's probably 50/50.

Biased?....yes of course!

wizard993 said:
....this title win(and well deserved) for Di Resta underlines his ability and why the Mercedes motorsport boss describes him as "an extraodinary talent"

Di-Resta beat Vettel in 2006 and was faster than Lewis Hamilton in carts and single seaters.

It's interesting that Force India and some other teams have not submitted their 2011 driver nominations yet to the FIA.

If this guy finally gets into F1 he can be as good as any current or previous world champion. Scotland has waited a long time for someone to fill Clark and Stewarts shoes in F1. IMO Di Resta has bucketloads of talent and can do just that to give the UK another F1 driver to cheer on. :eek:

http://uk.autoblog.com/2010/12/02/paul-di-resta-relishing-prospect-of-resuming-battle-with-seb/

Jackie Stewart was head and shoulders above most F1 Champions and would be in my top four along with with Senna, Schumacher and Prost.

I raced for 10years in 100cc karts, in that time I saw Paffett/Hamilton/Button etc etc and I'd have to say Paffett was the best of the bunch in my opinion. I raced a Zip chassis for a few years and had one of the top mechanics from Zip run me for a few races in the British Champs so got to see/hear about Paffett/Hamilton/All zip drivers up close - so to speak.

The reason I feel Paffett was the best because he got the same results with out quite the same kit. He had very little backing and very little money. His Dad worked for Zip so he got all the cheap/second hand stuff etc

I also see a certain Katherine Legge further down the order. I raced against her at the Supers (British Champs) and she was nothing special (even I beat her!!). But I think the fact she is female makes her more marketable.

I could have been a contender... I only lacked ability, money and time. :wink:

"I only lacked ability, money and time. "

quality :floor: + ditto :grin:

Vettel tells di Resta - 'see you on 2011 grid'

Sebastian Vettel has told Paul di Resta he hopes to see his former F3 championship rival and teammate on the formula one grid next year.

Scottish driver di Resta, who is a year older than the new F1 champion, beat 23-year-old Vettel to the F3 Euro Series title by 11 points in 2006 when they were both with the French ASM team.

So when Mercedes-Benz hailed its new DTM champion in Stuttgart on Thursday, Vettel appeared by video link and according to motorsport-magazin.com told di Resta: "I hope to see you in formula one next year."

And the SID news agency quotes Vettel as adding: "Hopefully it will not be as tight as it was in F3!"

Di Resta, who won five F3 races compared to Vettel's four in 2006, is now strongly linked with a Force India race cockpit for 2010 after serving as third driver this season.

He is reportedly in competition with Vitantonio Liuzzi and Nico Hulkenberg, with Adrian Sutil saying again this week that he has agreed a deal to stay with the Silverstone based team in 2011.

"We have reached an agreement. The signature is a mere formality, which will happen," DPA news agency quotes Sutil as having told the broadcaster Eurosport.

"The drivers who do not have a contract yet want to join the team because it is the best team with an open place," the German added.

Attachments

• dir_195.jpg
    dir_195.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 4,277

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyx
Back