Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC Sport Controller

I've had 2 now. In my 997.2 C2S I didn't notice a massive difference until 2 years later when I removed it from the car and it felt that the car was broken it was so stiff!

In my 991.1 GTS and GT3 I noticed significant ride improvements straightaway.

I will get another for my 991.2 at some point but they seem to be scarce and the price have increased by 40%.

The price on these things has gone up massively, I bought one new from 9e in 2020 for £990 for my old Turbo, but they are almost double now. Definitely cheaper to get one direct from US as Karl says, but still not at the same level they were. If you find one second-hand, they are about a grand.

I just fitted a second-hand one on my new car, can't tell that much different to be honest so it is marginal but I've only driven up and down the motorway a few times.

Just to add, if you don't have a Turbo, you'll need an accelerometer as well which ramps up the price even more and needs some wiring spliced in.

OP should note that the 997.2 has the accelerometer as OE. I can only endorse the positive comments previously posted..... not completely night and day but significant on the road and makes Sport the regular mode for anything except towns. However I do go into Sport if negotiating speed humps as it reduces the vertical movements. Definitively a worthwhile mod but I also purchased from 9E 3 years ago :giggle:

I just fitted a second-hand one on my new car, can't tell that much different to be honest so it is marginal but I've only driven up and down the motorway a few times.

Just to add, if you don't have a Turbo, you'll need an accelerometer as well which ramps up the price even more and needs some wiring spliced in.

Driving on the motorway provides the least change that a DSC provides. Although it does improve the straight line ride the most noticeable improvements are to cornering, braking and acceleration where you can feel each corner doing its own thing.

Gen 2 Carreras don't need an accelerometer.

I've got one for sale atm? It's in the classified. Can move on price if needed to make a sale. DM me if your interested.. Cheers

Fitted a DSC to my .2 and with both setups - H&R springs/stock dampers and with the Bilstein Damptronics the difference is night and day.

The old / pre DSC setup was very harsh in Sport - not anymore :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back