Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

door seal replacement

cvega

Nurburgring
I have a very annoying whistling noise from passenger side door, which occurs at high-ish speeds (motorway cruising).
It tends to get worse once the passenger has opened/closed the window, but it's always there.

Is the only way to fix this to buy a very expensive piece of rubber from Porsche, or does anyone have any other ideas?

Any tips for replacing it?

First thing I'd do is check that the window is adjusted correctly.

MC

Attachments

• img_7703_208.jpeg
    img_7703_208.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
Agreed, buy some gummi pflege and treat the old seal and then adjust the glass properly.

It is a 6mm socket from memory.

2 cups on the bottom of the door. Pop them off and adjust the screw.

You want it so the window runs parallel with the b pillar to start with and then the other one, which adjusts how much the top of the window comes into the door seal, done up so you can only just not pull a piece of paper out between the seal and the glass.

In fact do the adjustment first and then using some gummi pflege afterwards to keep the rubber from drying out.

great tip, thank you, will do when the hail stops...

This would usually occur after a window reg replacement ..

Whilst you can adjust at the base this will only slightly push the glass into the seal ..

I would have the door card off .. remove the 2 rubber bungs at the top then slacken the X2 T 30 torx .. wiggle the glass to break the seal on the mechanism then raise the rear and a bit less at the front .

Compare with the drivers side for gaps .. to far backwards and you WILL get noises .

I close and open the door with card off to check gaps .. when happy i refit the card .

If this has started with no window reg replacement .. then i suspect play in the window reg is stopping the glass reaching full height ..

Try opening the door and see if you can raise or lower the glass by hand .. you should not be able to do so more than a mm or 2 .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back