Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Definitive exhaust question

Yeah, it seems like the best 'value' option as I dont have a garage so cant have my car stranded while the OEM cat is sent away and gutted.....

I need to do some more driving in it, but like I say initially there is hardly any noise difference...., but you are correct that the OEM cat is 400cell.

I will report back when I have done some more miles.....

Lig.

Hi all, now done a good few test drives and can confirm that it is a 'different' sound.

I would say probably a tad louder but more of a bark (Yes RBob maybe more mechanical) than a rasp.

On tickover and when trundling through town I think the old rasp was maybe better, but when you open the throttle the new bark is better, more sporty.

The engine does feel more free revving and I do think there is more power there....

So if you are going down this route for more sound then save your money and just go for the mufflers, but if you want more free revs and a deeper sound then do it!!

Cheers,
Lig.

Thanks for info Lig. It seems with exhausts (or maybe it's just me!) the grass is always greener....I always like the sound of everyone else's. On the Stuttgart trip for instance, thought the RSRs sounded great. My big worry always is that I don't want it to sound manufactured....or V8!

I'll be putting sports cats on (maybe 200 cell) to compliment the Fisters.....and then I guess I'll need another trip to Mr Schofield for another (!) remap......it's never ending!!

No problem Bob.

Do you have any regrets from the remap or have you had any other issues following it? I want to do it, but something is just telling me to keep as is, as for 100K miles it has been fuelling / running fine and the remap will change that?!?!?!

Lig.

My only regret would be that I didn't wait until I had the sports cats fitted (saving a second trip). I think it's worth having a live remap over the standard chip but I have an admission to make. Wayne found that my varioram was leaking requiring a new actuator (a common problem apparently) so it was well down on HP to start with....I hadn't noticed!....but it is therefore difficult to compare a before and after. Wiser heads than me tell me it's worth it though. Definitely some nice pops and gurgles on the overrun.

As RivieraBob said, it's all about the pops and crackles!

Tobesetc said:
As RivieraBob said, it's all about the pops and crackles!

Snap! :D

Apologies for thread resurrection...but I am thinking of a road trip to see Gert soon. I have no idea what system is currently on mine (I have an invoice from the previous owner for a "sports exhaust" which the mechanic says looks like a Cargraphic but the actual tips look OEM). :dont know:

Is the general consensus that RSR mod + either 100/200 cell cats are too much for daily/regular use? If so, which mod would you recommend?

Cheers,

Pierre

It's a very personal thing, the difference in sound of the Fister 2s and the Dansk sports is quite pronounced. RSRs on their own are fine, louder but not excessive a note between the raspy Fisters and the burbly Dansk. 100 or 200 cats will be slightly louder than std. I'm running a full Fabspeed decat system which is pretty loud on wot but about as loud as a Ducati on Termionis around town. With the cats in (easy swap) a lot quieter and fewer pops.
Could be very useful on the twisty narrow roads of Jersey.

I'm having Fister IIIs and new sports cats fitted soon.

Happy to share via video when done or you can pop over to have a listen when done.
:thumb:

I'm on my second 993 and second set of Fister III's. They rock. :thumb:

200cell Sports Cats going in in the next month or two.

C.

I'm booked into see Gert for the late May bank holiday and was thinking of going with RSR mod and motorsound airbox.

Having done some digging into the history, it appears mine had Dansk mufflers (the non-super sports version) already which I don't find too boomy. I would like a little bit more noise. Is the general consensus that RSR mod on those would be overkill? Might speak to Gert for his view because he said he's done Dansks before with no booming.

Mine has Sports Mufflers and cat, Mufflers are with Gert as we speak for RSR modification. Can't wait to hear how they sound!

Dansk ones or other, Tobes? Would love to see a video afterwards if you don't mind?

Other, but by all means I'll share a video (though my recording efforts of "before" were not exactly brilliant!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back