Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cold Air Induction Kits

remarklima

Spa-Francorchamps
Just idly browsing really, but always keen to see what's out there for the cars.

I spotted a few vendors selling cold air induction kits - which are odd, in so much as they are just a bung and a hose to bypass the helmholtz resonator right? But then claim 10bhp and 25% increased air flow!?

I can't see how this would be possible, as surely you still have the single airbox entry on the left, and then the whole panel right? If it really can increase power and efficiency, it seems a very cheap way to add more oomph!?

due to the oem design limits, there is a small benefit

check out this thread

There was a good video on Youtube demonstrating the only small benefit as stated above. However, it can help it sound better!

Thanks both - claiming 10hp seems incredulous... I get "make more noise = more POWER!!" but empirically it just doesn't seem like 10hp with a bit of silicon pipe ;)

Thanks both - claiming 10hp seems incredulous... I get "make more noise = more POWER!!" but empirically it just doesn't seem like 10hp with a bit of silicon pipe ;)
more noise that feels like 10hp

but the clearer air flow does create a benefit and some hp

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back