Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera 4 low speed abs pulse

Does changing them on the front involve a hub strip down or can they be fitted from the back?

Ian

Only done the rears - they need lower arms disconnecting, hub pulling out the carrier and new ring pressing on.

Right, just had a good look at my ring :-0 front, right hand side on a C2 and the castellations look in good condition. I have run down the hollows with a fine needle file and not a lot came out.

I'm convinced it is this corner as I was pulling onto a drive at slow speed the ABS buzzed through the pedal as this one wheel hit the dropped curb.

It is difficult to tell, however, the castellations seem to be machined into the shaft that passes through the middle of the hub assembly rather than being a knock on part.

I've just tried undoing the sensor bolt and its seized solid. I've put some plus gas on and tapped it a few times with the pin hammer and its not moving. Going to give it one more try with a bigger hammer before I order the part.

Ian

Do you have a multimeter? Just hook that up to the plug for the sensor and spin the hub and check resistance reading.

ABS can be confusing as to which side the problem is. My right hand rear kept ABS braking and I was convinced it was that side. Turned out it was the otherside that was getting an irregular reading, but the car doesn't know that.

Sounds like your 'ring' is fine. Don't try removing the ABS sensor unless you're 100% convinced as you'll end up damaging it and have to start drilling stuff out.

Read this thread if you haven't already: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=127602

I had a similar problem when fitting new tyres it was enough to push a badly calibrated steering angle sensor over the edge and pulse the ABS. It only happened at low speeds because thats when i was using more lock.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back