Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cannot find front tyres for months now, any tips? 225/40/18

umirza85

Monza
I managed to get ready tyres for my C4S a few months back. But my local shop hasn't been able to get the fronts for months now, they've had an order with pirelli and all of their suppliers aren't able to get any.

Apparently pirelli hasn't made a batch in a while, and there's no build date in their system for when they will.

I need a set of front tyres asap, was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a set of n-rated p-zeros?

Personally I'd just go for a pair without the N rating :dont know:

TonyC911 said:
Personally I'd just go for a pair without the N rating :dont know:

I don't do too many miles and am thinking of selling soon. Already have n-rated in the rear and selling to Porsche owners is the worst :D

umirza85 said:
TonyC911 said:
Personally I'd just go for a pair without the N rating

I don't do too many miles and am thinking of selling soon. Already have n-rated in the rear and selling to Porsche owners is the worst :D

I know what you mean bud, but on a 20 year old car (that can't be warrantied by Porsche), I doubt the buyer would notice, let alone care that a tiny tyre stamp is missing :dont know:

What do others think?

Hi.
Just priced up some 4S today at ATS for my 997 235/35 zr19 & 305/30 zr19 and they wanted £1300 for normal and £1700 for N fitment, But cant get all four

Dean

Robbidoo said:
I think you're out of luck if you want Pirellis, but the PS2 are available if you want N-rated all round. (https://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s39...nch_R18_inch_-_225_40_18_225_40R18_OE_Porsche)

Out of interest how old are the tyres on the back?

Thanks for that, i already have the N-Pirellis in the back so wanted to make sure they match up front. I know people are very particular, personally I dont mind non n-rated tyres but i know people do if selling. Especially if they want to get a PPI.

The tyres in the back were 6-7 years old I think, and the fronts are from 2014 :floor: seems there's enough tread left on them for now.

flatstick said:
Hi.
Just priced up some 4S today at ATS for my 997 235/35 zr19 & 305/30 zr19 and they wanted £1300 for normal and £1700 for N fitment, But cant get all four

Dean

Seems as most manufacturers prioritizing the tyres that would sell the most to biuld stocks back out. N rated seem to be a challenge all around.

flatstick said:
Hi.

Dean

Seems as most manufacturers prioritizing the tyres that would sell the most to biuld stocks back out. N rated seem to be a challenge all around.

TonyC911 said:
umirza85 said:
TonyC911 said:
Personally I'd just go for a pair without the N rating

I know what you mean bud, but on a 20 year old car (that can't be warrantied by Porsche), I doubt the buyer would notice, let alone care that a tiny tyre stamp is missing :dont know:

What do others think?

Im guessing if im selling the owner will get a PPI, and if done at Porsche they'll flag it. Also pretty much every advert im reading seems to specify that it has n-rated tyres. I personally dont mind, but now that I have the N's in the back makes sense for me to get matching ones for the front.

umirza85 said:
Robbidoo said:
I think you're out of luck if you want Pirellis, but the PS2 are available if you want N-rated all round. (https://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s39...nch_R18_inch_-_225_40_18_225_40R18_OE_Porsche)

Thanks for that, i already have the N-Pirellis in the back so wanted to make sure they match up front. I know people are very particular, personally I dont mind non n-rated tyres but i know people do if selling. Especially if they want to get a PPI.

The tyres in the back were 6-7 years old I think, and the fronts are from 2014 :floor: seems there's enough tread left on them for now.

For me those are both old enough that I would replace all 4. I know some like the reduced traction though.

umirza85 said:
Robbidoo said:

I would much rather see 4 new PS4 or Eagle F1 tyres all round than seeing Pirelli N rated.

And if when looking at a sale it had 7 year old tyres on the rear I would be knocking you down to get them replaced anyway.

The new Bridgestone Potenza Sports are superb and around £600 fitted from balckcircles currently, running 225.40.18 front and 265.35.18.
Not sure what size you run on the S? But won't be a massive difference.

I'm thinking of ditching my Michelin PS4's for them.

How much are 2 front N retaed Pirellis?
I bet not all that much cheaper?

I recently replaced my two rears 295/35/18 on my C4S; I wanted PS4s as I've been happy with them on other cars but they're not available in that size as N rated.

I ended up sticking with PS2 to match the front so all 4 are matching and N rated. The two rears cost £350 each.

So to match the N rating I end up with a PS2 tyre that is basically "old tech" and hideously expensive.

With hindsight I think I should have perhaps gone for a more modern, grippier, quieter and cheaper tyre and forgone the rating.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.....

That N rating on a 20 year old design guys... seriously. Just get a current model, it won't be worse and won't be as expensive at that.

GrafZero said:
That N rating on a 20 year old design guys... seriously. Just get a current model, it won't be worse and won't be as expensive at that.

That..... Didn't fancy going up to a 295 on the rear with a 4S so went with the PS4 in a 275 on the rear.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back