Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

British F1GP 2021 - New format

Think its a racing incident, but also think when Max came into F1 he was super aggressive and caused lots of accidents and i think over time the other drivers have just learnt to give Max more room, but i dont think max has tamed his aggression much. So if anything lewis is implying that he can be just as aggressive and max needs to think twice on his moves if he is going to race lewis.

Max also needs to think about the bigger picture, there was a good chance that lewis would understeer there and max could have moved to the left a bit to give lewis space and if max lost the position he would live to fight another day. Thats the mentality of someone that looks at the big picture which you need to do when you are fighting for a WC.

I was at the race and people were cheering when lewis overtook but it wasnt clear why max went off, people assumed he had just lost it carrying too much speed in thus the cheers. Was a great race though, excellent drive by lewis to make up 10secs in so few laps, i didnt think he could do it.

(and no, i'm not a LH diehard fan, supported Kimi since his Mclaren days. LH has impressed this year though)

chunkymonkey1982 said:
Think its a racing incident, but also think when Max came into F1 he was super aggressive and caused lots of accidents and i think over time the other drivers have just learnt to give Max more room, but i dont think max has tamed his aggression much. So if anything lewis is implying that he can be just as aggressive and max needs to think twice on his moves if he is going to race lewis ........

:agree:

It was the sort of accident that Max has been guilty of causing several times before and if he'd been the instigator this time nobody would have been surprised.

Both drivers could have done more to avoid the contact but by giving Lewis a penalty the stewards made it clear that they saw him as being a bit more guilty than Max.

The rest of the season will be fun. :thumbs:

jonttt said:
The Apex changes when racing like that..........I think verstappen was just not expecting Hamilton to continue on that line without braking and so in effect tried to bully him out of the corner.......he's been doing it all season and at some point Hamilton had to prove a point even if that meant them both retiring.........game on......and of course I am totally biased.........the icing on the cake is seeing how angry Horner is :grin:

Can always count on the JonTTT to put in sound judgment.

Max is an arrogant arse, that has driven aggressively since the day he arrived. All the drivers have learnt to give him more space due to this. This just further feeds into his self-entitled and reckless attitude.

Horner is an embarrassment, first to whine on when he's on the receiving end of his own styled antics. It's Ginger Spice I feel sorry for, never thought I'd hear myself say that. Guy has 'small dog syndrome', he's been fighting ever since he was bullied at school I'd imagine.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back