Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bringing the animal out of a 993

Great looking car and really interested in the mods you will be making. In the process of recommissioning my C2 after several years of slumber (and neglect).

Thinking about putting Ohlins on mine, so will keep an eye on this thread!

Andy

Great. A proper thread. Following with interest. Love the colour. Enjoy the improvement chasing.

UPDATE - BBS E88 Wheels and a cosmetic make over.

Things have progressed much more slowly than I initially wanted but we've had building works here and COVID has put a dampener on the proceedings too.

Nevertheless, she's just been away for a make-over which included a full colour change wrap (well, a different shade of yellow anyway!) and a switch to BBS E88 wheels.

I'll put a separate thread up for the details of the wrap and edit the link here, but for now here's a quick picture. (Apologies if you've already seen this in the rensom pictures thread).

Aside from this vanity project the wheels have made a massive difference to the feel of the car. The old Speedline replicas that came with the car were much heavier. Here are the stats for the bare wheels:

BBS E88 8x18 Front - 9.1kg
Speedline rep 8x18 - 12.7kg
BBS E88 10x18 Rear - 9.2kg
Speedline rep 10x18 - 13.1kg

So, basically a 3.6 - 3.9kg weight saving per wheel! Epic....

As a result the steering feels much more alive now and the whole car is more composed. Also the steering feels lighter at speed, probably due to the lower gyroscopic effect, but definitley more improvement than I'd imagined a simple reduction in unsprung weight could give.

Attachments

• 20210220_9q8a5567_172.jpg
    20210220_9q8a5567_172.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,645
  • img_3958_s_138.jpg
    img_3958_s_138.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 2,645
  • img_3957_s_112.jpg
    img_3957_s_112.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 2,645
Just........WOW! 👍

More pics please.

Awesome work. Great choice of colour and BBS are a double whammy, light and strong and the coloured centres add that extra "WOW" factor.

It's about time we had some more modified 993's happening instead of all the usual crap about wiper widgets and values! :grin:

C.

The E88 compliment your car perfectly 8), great choice!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the project unfold :thumb:.

cableguy said:
Awesome work. Great choice of colour and BBS are a double whammy, light and strong and the coloured centres add that extra "WOW" factor.

It's about time we had some more modified 993's happening instead of all the usual crap about wiper widgets and values! :grin:

C.

Agreed! Mine's going in for a spray wrap as soon as the wee rust patch below the rear window is sorted. I am very excited about the colour choice

nickjonesn4 said:
cableguy said:

C.

Agreed! Mine's going in for a spray wrap as soon as the wee rust patch below the rear window. I am very excited about the colour choice

Good man. Looking forward to seeing the results. :thumb:

I'm also trying a new look this year albeit leaving the car in its original GP White.

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back