Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Braided Stainles Hoses DIY ?

C4Silver

Sao Paulo
Hi,

just had delivered some Stainless GOODIDGE Hoses, ordered with stainless ends as oposed to the treated ones ? I've got access to a Pit, so i'm going to take the trays off the bottom, give everything a once over and get the flexible hoses changed. It came up as an advisory last year on the MOT that the flexi hoses were corroding hence the reason for changing them.

Is there anything in particular i need to be aware of, i seem to remember reading somewhere that the brakes hoses and the connections to the solid ones were very fragile ??

I've also got a LTT, whats the chances of fitting that and loosing all the coolant how hard a job is that ?

Many thanks.

I did the same 2 jobs on a 996, so very similar. The brake hoses I just undone the old ones, fitted the new ones then bled them through with a Gunson pressure bleeder. After initial bleed I went round them again to make sure no air left in the system.
With the LTT I had the car as high as I could at the rear so as not to lose all the coolant. I saved as much of the coolant as I could, fitted the LTT, topped the system with the coolant I had saved, run the car up to temp and topped up as required. I took the car for a short drive, checked level until I was happy there was no air left in the pipes.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back