Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster 981 sports exhaust

misterw

Trainee
Evening all

Am after a bit of advice on sports exhausts as hopefully buying a 981 Boxster 2.7 shortly...which doesn't have a sports exhaust..but the spec does tick all the other boxes
And I know I'll miss the Top Gear sports exhaust on my current 996.1

There seem to be a few options options out there, including
- the switchable Porsche PSE, which is pricey
- or the Sports valvetronic mufflers by Designtek

Appreciate getting the right exhaust noise is down to personal taste but anyone got any recommendations, or even a video they can share on the Designtek ones or others?

Cheers

Look into Carnewal gt exhaust. I Recommend that if you don't fancy paying 2.5k for pse

Get the OEM, it costs more but it's the best sound. The others are too loud and sound like wet farts.

You can save some by keeping the sport tailpipes (if the car already has them). Will cost around £2k.

I fitted it to my old 981 and it was the best sounding car I ever owned.

OEM sports exhaust all the way for me.

I put a Canewal on my 981 and changed it for the switchable OEM about 6 weeks later.

Best 2k ive spent on any car

I have a Carnewal GT exhaust on my 987.2 which to me sounds excellent ........ no stupid pops and bangs on the downshift of lift off ....... just a great sound under acceleration ....... and the price is right.

Whoops ...... just noticed the date of the last post ....... I am sure this has all been done and dusted by now ....... I wonder what the OP went for in the end ....... :?:

Bit late to the party but I have a top gear exhaust with carbon tips on my 981 - raucous with the valve closed and ASBO ready with the valve open. Great sound though if you can live with it ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back