Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Blown bose speaker/Rattle

talal

Monza
HI

When i bought my 997.1 2s Cab the seller told me that the passenger door speaker seemed to blow/make a nasty noise when the volume was up.

It didnt seem to do it when i test drove the car and in any case i made the assumption that i could get it repaired if needs be.

Didnt have the issue for ages but the last few days its become quite prominent and not sure what the actual issue is. Dont know if its actually a blown speaker cone or just a rattle that can be easily fixed...

Anyone had a similar issue or can recommend what the right fix might be? Not actually sure how to diagnose, is it easy to get behind the speaker grills?

Thanks in advance!

Door card is pretty easy to remove, plenty of guides online including YouTube.

I have a similar issue with drivers side, which didn't go away when I changed the speaker, so that leaves wiring, amp, or PCM....

As I understand it the weak link is supposed to be the amp. The speakers themselves are fairly good. Do a search, I'm sure it has been discussed.

Assuming an amp issue,

results of search which I did for you :D

Bose - replace it ( unfortunately )
ASK amplifier https://www.bergvillfx.com/categories/audio-amplifiers

SUrely if it was the amp it would be impacting all speakers rather than it coming from what sound like 1 speaker along and i suspect the rattle/noise is coming from the larger "sub" speaker...

I think the Bose amp is supposedly more reliable than the standard one.

Finally plucked up the courage to remove the door card, wasn't all that hard while following a youtube video... hardest bit was plucking up the courage to force the door clips to release expecting them to break... they didn't!

Anyway inspected the speakers and the passenger bose larger speaker is blowing, i can get the blowing to stop iff i apply some pressure to the rear of the speaker that moves with bass... got the part number from the sticker as 197944 001 then some other numbers under it of 061806 0

I have put the speaker back but this time i have packed a bit of cloth behind it to apply the pressure on the rear, that seems to be muffling the blowing a fair bit and it sounds ok(ish)

So the next question is, where can i get a replacement bose speaker or are there aftermarket speakers that will work instead??

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back