Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bilstein in recommendation shocker!!!

"NOW NEWDAD

You really should remember to run all posts past Zuffers by pm for approval before pressing the submit button!

How many times have you been told! "

Quality :floor:

ACHTUNG said:
Cyruspower said-

"Have you personally driven or been driven in a 993 with a ROW M030/Bilstein HD suspension set up?

Just interested to know how much evidence you have based on personal experience?"

Well, when I was buying I went to see a car that was advertised as having Bilstein HD suspension...

Out of curiosity I decided to go and have a look see, to show non bias you understand.... :)

Anyway to cut a long story short when I arrived, the owner had not returned from the dentist yet.. (having fillings replaced again) ... 8)

So he drove down his street and demeanor and the expression on his face was like this-

rodeo2a.jpg

For me that said it all really-

NO DICE! And moved on to buy a good original non messed with car as Porsche intended.

:disco:

Surely the ride of a 993 with MO33's and HD's is a lot more compliant than your SC on standard spec stock?

I only think that as didnt Porsche use harder springs to try and combat the tail happy handling prior the 993? I thought the new 993 rear suspension (swing arm?) tamed that traight enabling a softer spring rate to be used :dont know:

newdad said:
ACHTUNG said:
Cyruspower said-

"Have you personally driven or been driven in a 993 with a ROW M030/Bilstein HD suspension set up?

Just interested to know how much evidence you have based on personal experience?"

Well, when I was buying I went to see a car that was advertised as having Bilstein HD suspension...

Out of curiosity I decided to go and have a look see, to show non bias you understand.... :)

Anyway to cut a long story short when I arrived, the owner had not returned from the dentist yet.. (having fillings replaced again) ... 8)

So he drove down his street and demeanor and the expression on his face was like this-

rodeo2a.jpg

NO DICE! And moved on to buy a good original non messed with car as Porsche intended.

Surely the ride of a 993 with MO33's and HD's is a lot more compliant than your SC on standard spec stock?

I only think that as didnt Porsche use harder springs to try and combat the tail happy handling prior the 993? I thought the new 993 rear suspension (swing arm?) tamed that traight enabling a softer spring rate to be used :dont know:

:roll:

Go to your bed newdad!

Have to go now- Things to do - Places to go - people to see! :)

ACHTUNG said:
newdad said:
ACHTUNG said:
Cyruspower said-

rodeo2a.jpg

Go to your bed newdad!

only if your comming too :worship:

ACHTUNG said:
newdad said:
ACHTUNG said:
Your last post newdad has me like this- :clap:

Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly!
I love you Atchie :wink:

Here is some starter reading for you newdad- :D
Goody! :Dance-Tap:
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforu...tein-hd-m030s-may-have-been-a-bad-choice.html

READ POST 13 and weep! :eek: :D when I get a mo :wink:

The rodeo rider sticking plaster brigade on this type of thread has me like this-

:floor: so you like cowboys do you? :wink:

You know.... the type that wont admit that The wrong choice was made in the first place and advocate-

Changing wheels, geo settings bushings, knickers ... anything that wastes MORE money in a vain attempt to "fix" the unfix-able! :D Didnt you tell them to fit softer springs? :roll:
These characters even advise taking the car to some magician guru type in the vain hope that his GEO setting skills will correct the wrong choice of suspension!!!! when softer springs would have sorted them out! :roll: Tut! some people!! I wish they'd listen to you Atchers :roll:
To clarify- Post 13 says-

"Get the ROW M033 springs and the Monroes - this will lower the car some and keep the nice DD ride - sorry but after many months of deliberation this is the way I went. Sorry. " With out reading the thread, just taking your word for it - so it was the springs causing the hard ride then like I said before? __________________

This is only one link of many newdad... But maybe it would be better if you would DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, it might save you some embarrassment!!! :wink: :D
Only an expert (or self proclaimed one) declaring facts that are later proved wrong would need to feel embarrassment if this were the case :) Im just an average joe having a chat about different opinions :D

:hand: :D

PS The title of that thread says it all really-

"Car rides way too rough after Bilstein HD/M030's. May have been a bad choice... "
Errr well yes!! If he's come from standard springs MO30's will feel firm as hell :grin: "Fit 33's you fool!!" should have been the sub title - You could have told him that Attchers :thumb:

You Don't say!! :floor:

:yahoo: :D

NOW NEWDAD :bandit:

You really must remember to run all posts past Zuffers by pm for approval before pressing the submit button!

How many times have you been told! :lock:

:D

I did :dont know:

and he told me not to pick on the "special" kids but I though what the fu*k! :grin:

ACHTUNG said:
newdad said:
ACHTUNG said:
Cyruspower said-

rodeo2a.jpg

Go to your bed newdad!

Have to go now- Things to do - Places to go - people to see! :)

You competing on robot wars again? :)

Attachments

• robotwars3_204.jpg
    robotwars3_204.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 7,599
ACHTUNG said:
Cyruspower said-

rodeo2a.jpg

shipment_of_fail.jpg

04apr23-awesome-fail.jpg

welcome_to_fail.jpg

case-closed-stamp.gif

I'm back! :)

(Goes to read posts from when I was out).....

:eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :judge: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !...

You two boys have run straight off the rails when I was away!

:friends: :mrs:

But - never mind... Zuffers will understand and will speak to you both by PM later!

:wink:

:dance:

Thanks for posting Zuffen :thumb:

If I'm ever lucky enough to buy one of these oldies, the FIRST thing I'll be doing is fitting decent suspension :D

orangecurry said:
Thanks for posting Zuffen :thumb:

If I'm ever lucky enough to buy one of these oldies, the FIRST thing I'll be doing is fitting decent suspension :D

Wh....wha....whaaaaat?

Who wrote this?

What is going on here?

Iz it samsing to du wit ze Germans?

Not at all OC.:thumb:

Goodness me CP you must be thinking 993, did you not click the link! Of course I'm not sure about any recommendation for the 993 from 911 and Porsche World just yet but a small relatively well known German company called Ruf certainly recommend Bilstein sport suspension for their 993 programme, goodness me they've even lowered the car too, aren't we lucky, take a look at the Ruf pdf HERE CP, fortunately for the Ruf test drivers the Bilstien engineers knew what they were doing else they could have been killed by the first corner apparently, so what da ya know.

Perhaps the resident village idiot should consider a job there as a tea boy, you never know he may just learn something about suspension, but until he's had his head removed from his nether regions, probably not. Earl Grey please, only one sugar, I'm sweet enough as it is. :thumb:

There is no way the RVI would ever get a job at Ruf as a tea boy. Maybe they'd accept the RVI at Halfords for picking up litter in the car park? Can you imagine Porsche shelling out for from scratch R&D costs when switching from Boge to Monroe, or Bischoff to Gillet? I don't think so...

Anyway Zuffers, what do Porsche, RUF, most of Rennlist and us mere mortals know? Naff all it seems.... The most important thing is that we all share our knowledge based on actual first hand experiences or relevant and accurate information.

Having fitted HDs I am actually writing this from 'the other side'....

Zuffenhausen :O) said:
Not at all OC.:thumb:

Goodness me CP you must be thinking 993, did you not click the link! Of course I'm not sure about any recommendation for the 993 from 911 and Porsche World just yet but a small relatively well known German company called Ruf certainly recommend Bilstein sport suspension for their 993 programme, goodness me they've even lowered the car too, aren't we lucky, take a look at the Ruf pdf HERE CP, fortunately for the Ruf test drivers the Bilstien engineers knew what they were doing else they could have been killed by the first corner apparently, so what da ya know.

Perhaps the resident village idiot should consider a job there as a tea boy, you never know he may just learn something about suspension, but until he's had his head removed from his nether regions, probably not. Earl Grey please, only one sugar, I'm sweet enough as it is. :thumb:

Hi Zuffers, good to see you back! :)

As with the opening post of this thread I read your most recent contribution with interest Zuffers and have a few observations to make.

RUF are indeed a long established high performance car manufacturer with an excellent reputation for Engineering excellence. They are renowned for their attention to detail in the manufacture of their Porsche based super-cars.

What I like and admire most about RUF is their holistic approach to car design and the fact that they work from first principles in the development of their product.

Because this thread is loosely about suspension systems I thought that I would fill you in on a few details on this area with respect to RUF and highlight 1 design philosophy that RUF employ, and which agrees with my own thinking as an Engineer, namely-

RUF would NEVER use "one size fits all suspension" (such as Bilstein HD suspension) in their product.

To illustrate I will recount RUF's specifications for their 993 based car which they called the CRT2-

RUF developed the CTR2 in 1995, based on the then-new 993-chassis 911 Turbo. Priced at $315,000 USD, the CTR2 featured standard all-wheel-drive, Recaro racing seats with Simpson five-point belts, enlarged brakes, an integrated roll-cage, a Ruf manufactured coil-over suspension system and a kevlar body with lightweight glass; power came from a Ruf-tuned version of the Porsche-built 3.6 litre, twin-turbocharged flat-six engine producing 520 hp (388 kW) and 505 foot-pounds (685 N·m) of torque.

So Zuffers for the 993 based CRT2 Ruf manufactured their own coil-over suspension system. They did NOT use an aftermarket one size fits all system such as the Bilstein product! :)

HOWEVER LOL :)

I can see that you have an interest in these things so I will enlighten you a little further and bring you up to date with RUF current suspension design philosophy and practice-

The Present day 911 based product that RUF offers is the RUF RT 12

With respect to the RT12, Ruf chose to replace the factory "active" suspension system with a static system of their own design. A Ruf system with hydraulic control, developed together with à–hlins, which can raise ride-height in situations such as driveway entries is available as an option.

So on this occasion RUF worked in conjunction with OLINS to develop the suspension system. Much the same way that Porsche worked with Monroe to develop the original 993 suspension as I have already explained

Zuffers, you have to understand that RUF may well sell one size fits all Bilstein nonsense to punters from their shop... But.... Hey Ho... If a profit is to be made from village idiots then so be it!

I hope you find this helpful! :)

PS ... Hi orangecurry! :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back