Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best way to remove the CAT

decgraham

Albert Park
Hi All,

After 10 years with an aftermarket CAT I've decided to send my original CAT off to Gert for a 200 cell upgrade, and get the car back to original. Can anyone tell me the best way to remove it please? When I replaced the original I found it wasn't that easy to get to the heatshield bolts. However, when I had the rear bumper off a few years ago to replace the cam chain gaskets, rubber seals and to check the rear bumper stays etc, it was very easy access to the heat shields. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

ATB :)

Whenever I've taken the cat out I've taken the exhausts off but left the bumper still attached. As you say, fiddly to get the heat shield bolts off but doable with a selection of swan neck spanners and sockets (6 or 7mm I think)..

Taking the bumper off and all associated parts (especially the light wiring) takes longer in my experience.

Last time I removed it I unfastened the straps last, and supported the cat with a jack and gently lowered it down. Worth replacing the manifold to cat gaskets while you're in there

Thanks Gwsinc, much appreciated. Yes a lot more work removing the rear bumper :thumb:

ATB :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back