Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

be afraid of this 996 Turbo via Hendon Way Motors :(

See - C
Next - N
You - U
Tuesday - T

There, I've spelt it out for you.

And there was Maxie thinking all his work colleagues were continually pestering him to go out on the weekly 10-pin bowling :dont know:

Unfcknblvbl said:
Well this will definitely punish them..today with the internet bad publicity can spread like wildfire all around the world..
Hopefully. Just like Keighley Sports & Performance. :finger:

GT4 said:
And there was Maxie thinking all his work colleagues were continually pestering him to go out on the weekly 10-pin bowling :dont know:
:lol:

HWM have been around for ages, even 30+ years ago back when I was in the game & they had a terrible name then. It just shows that there really is one born every minute.

As it happens, I have a client literally round the corner from HWM & while trying to find a parking spot I chanced upon the "yard" round the back of HWM where they do their prep etc. :roll:

I've seen better facilities in "under the arches" type premises - I bet they don't let their customers back there...

These sharks need to be shut down.. :judge:

BillTheButcher said:
Unfcknblvbl said:
Well this will definitely punish them..today with the internet bad publicity can spread like wildfire all around the world..
Hopefully. Just like Keighley Sports & Performance. :finger:

Yes indeed, and just think how many different guises they are still operating under

Terrible situation, it's the same in the building game, I know of cowboy builders who have been ruining people's lives for 20 odd years! They somehow keep going, finding nice trusting people who fancy an extension etc. I've had to pick up the pieces so many times, makes my blood boil..... :evil:

Dave

Sounds like they are seriously desperate for cash, I mean why not just take the car back, refund him and then fix it and sell it to someone else? ..much less hassle surely..

On another note.. Is the 996 easy to clock then?

perhaps i'm missing something, but as i see the photos it had done 42911 miles when picked up, now its done 42912 miles, so one mile more since they had it (loading unloading going for a re-map etc.)
how do you all work out its been clocked?(wound it forward one mile :roll: )
as for the rest of this sorry tale of faults well i say get Dominic Littlewood involved

Unfcknblvbl said:
On another note.. Is the 996 easy to clock then?

Yes, very. More difficult to fiddle the ECU (in Kms), but that's also doable by the better clockers.

NXI20 said:
HWM have been around for ages, even 30+ years ago back when I was in the game & they had a terrible name then. It just shows that there really is one born every minute.

I can confirm this as I was a car finance rep in those days. Owner was different I think but reputation in the trade the same. Trouble is customers don't always do the research...myself included....I got lucky, after a problematic start the car has so far been terrific, and the issues were minor compared to this guy's issues. I decided not to sue the supplier from Hoddesdon because I knew that the costs could rocket. In fact I spent the money on the car instead.

Sadly whilst the motor trade has improved tremendously since the 70's there is still an element who are not much more than criminals treading a thin line between right and wrong. In many ways telling lies has almost become an acceptable norm, (witness recent events in politics and the food business), as long as the end result is money......the new god for so many.......I think the business in question is not short of cash, just ruthless in the pursuit of profit at all costs.

This forum does however proves that there are still a lot of the good guys out there, even in the motor trade, very supportive and willing to help complete strangers with their sometimes silly questions, so keep the faith and thanks you guys for helping out us newbies when we needed it.

GT4 I think I owe you a drink!

diverzeusy said:
perhaps i'm missing something, but as i see the photos it had done 42911 miles when picked up, now its done 42912 miles, so one mile more since they had it (loading unloading going for a re-map etc.)
how do you all work out its been clocked?(wound it forward one mile :roll: )
as for the rest of this sorry tale of faults well i say get Dominic Littlewood involved

Quote from the link....

4th June 2012
A further 3 weeks later Hendonway Motors confirmed that the repairs had been carried out. But by now it had emerged from the documentary evidence from the ECU mapping company that the vehicle had been driven an extra 700 miles making the mileage on the car now nearly 43600 miles. I also find out that Hendonway Motors had re-advertised my car for sale without permission and with the new mileage now showing 42912 miles.

It's a sad story and the dealer involved is clearly taking the piss, however I can't honestly understand the buyers approach as he seems to have gone out of his way to end up out of pocket. £6k on legal costs? I'd have cut my losses and cured the issues for a fraction of that and moved on, life is to short.

It wouldn't make it right, but I couldn't be doing with the stress. Revenge is a dish best served cold, and it's rarely delivered to your table by an expensive lawyer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back