Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

battery disconnect/kill switch

Reviving this thread as I've stopped using the Richbrook isolator that sits on the battery terminal.

Ive gone for the Rennline mount and initially just the basic 2 pole isolator with removable key. I might decide to move to the 6 pole racing kill switch later.

This one

https://www.rennline.com/Battery-Disconnect-Switch/productinfo/EL-LA45758/

Im struggling to understand what wire to mount to the switch. Asked Stuttgart Classica and they have said "positive live cable" which isnt especially helpful.

The below image shows the wiring where the mount for the switch will go. Is it simply a case of attaching these wires to the switch? Am super confused and cant find any helpful instructions/videos.

20210708-205307.jpg

Any help gratefully received 🙏

Now have all the info so will sort at the weekend and post a few pics for anyone interested

Hi,
This is what I use on all my older cars. Very robust and easy to fit, through the earth circuit. Certainly prevents battery drain over storage time.

p.s. Note the 'beer mat' - guaranteed to make the aficionados twitch uncontrollably!
This was to cover a hole that had been left by the previous owner, and I decided on a very left field solution.

Attachments

• unsaved_preview_document_3_136.png
    unsaved_preview_document_3_136.png
    954.7 KB · Views: 5,202
nickjonesn4 said:
Now have all the info so will sort at the weekend and post a few pics for anyone interested

ta.

gave up on mine as the wheel would've resulted in it protruding above the level of the boot liner and which is more or less exactly level with the top of the battery. Will be very interested in how you get around that.

:thumbs:

crypticc said:
nickjonesn4 said:

ta.

gave up on mine as the wheel would've resulted in it protruding above the level of the boot liner and which is more or less exactly level with the top of the battery. Will be very interested in how you get around that.

:thumbs:

Hi Nick,
I'm keen to see how you get on with this, as might consider fitting one.
For years I've been using a c-tek, but I've now lost the use of garage with power, so moving to a new garage with no power.
Additionally, last week I went to start the car for the first time in a while and after disconnecting the c-tek and trying to start - the battery literally exploded!
Swapping the battery was easy - but I must have spent 2 hours washing and cleaning :nooo:

Attachments

• 8f08a9d6_d6e4_4a72_a7bc_81cc46a25e81_203.jpeg
    8f08a9d6_d6e4_4a72_a7bc_81cc46a25e81_203.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,915
That's worrying, what made the battery go pop?

A faulty C-tek, perhaps?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronn
Back