Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone followed the market - 991.2 turbo vs GT3

Easto

Monza
When will all this madness stop 😂
Im torn between a few models but 991.2 turbo s is the sensible weapon of choice.
I get some funds mid week and having been looking for ages I'd got my eye on a couple.
Black lightly modified one was calling out to me - today the seller has banged 10k on the asking price - a sickener for sure!

A really nice spec black 18 plate at 140k now seems reasonable value!

I am also looking at GT3 RS (yeah I know - totally different beasts) and as I want to scratch that itch. it looks like they have hardly moved in comparison so could be the time to jump into one and ride it out in style??

997 was tempting originally with a ES750 as I had a careers white 997 4-5 years ago..

So GT3 RS don't appear to have been affected. I don't know why.
I'm sure they were 145 - 150 at the low end previously so look comparatively good / stable value..

...the current car and housing market is simply unsustainable thus now isn't the time to pay top dollar for either....

...talking to an estate agent friend today whom says its complete madness...stated they don't value they think of a price are 10% and ask for offers in excess...

...our neighbours placed their house on the market on Friday OIE of £700k and have had three offers already and my estate agent friend was showing a 4th person around today!!!

Madness...

I think the thing is that the GT3 is not really daily. Everyone wants them and I've driven a 991.2 GT3. It would be quite a choppy low torque car for road. Comes alive on track though. Pointless on road.

Turbo. What can I say...will murder a GT3 roof down with a lady racer :wink:

Attachments

• photo_2021_03_15_16_35_39_5_198.jpg
    photo_2021_03_15_16_35_39_5_198.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 2,559
Yeah I agree a turbo would be a faster a to b than a GT3 onthe road- especially in my own hands!
It not all about pace though for me when it comes to these variants - something I've not experienced and the presence / looks.
When 997 / 991.2s were reasonable I was heading for a ES750/800 but maybe now looking forward a different experience.

I best go and test drive a few I think 🤔😃
I've never driven a NA 911....
My 997.2 turbo was a lovely car but as soon as I'd been in a 570s that was that. However the whole experience was dampened by the horrendous depreciation And warranty costs.

I've got a manual 991.2 GT3 and it's the perfect road car for me. Every drive is an event, especially if you like all the mechanical sounds etc. that come with a manual box mated to that incredible engine. And you can quite easily daily one, ask Chris Harris.

I'm not really interested in going fast in a straight line. It's about overall experience and engagement for me, and for that it's got to be a GT3.

The sound of that engine alone when it hits anywhere close to 9k should make it an easy decision. :grin:

So, I'd forget the TTS, and the RS. Go vanilla GT3 with the Spanish transmission. :thumb:

No right or wrong. Ideally you have both as on a summer high day 9/10 times the turbo s the nicer car to drive around in. Ours had a Europipe 50 cel day 1 which sounds GT2 like - very aggressive exhaust note :)

You should defo get the GT3 as a bucket list car though moving from a 997 turbo. 991 maybe too similar. Ageing well though IMO the 991

Attachments

• img_0119_616.jpg
    img_0119_616.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,441
IMI A said:
No right or wrong. Ideally you have both as on a summer high day 9/10 times the turbo s the nicer car to drive around in. Ours had a Europipe 50 cel day 1 which sounds GT2 like - very aggressive exhaust note :)

You should defo get the GT3 as a bucket list car though moving from a 997 turbo. 991 maybe too similar. Ageing well though IMO the 991

The 911.2 definitely ages nicely.
Mainly I think due to the front lights being closer in Style to the 992.
I'd really like a contrasting aero kit as well...

If you can daily the Turbo then I take my hat off - I would be certain to lose my license and run my small bank account dry.

If I could I would own both Turbo and GT3 as they are very different

What about a cheaper option......or newer

GTS 4 or 2 wheel drive......Litchfield re-map £730 (90 horses) £4k Akropovic (40 horses)

Then you have a car with the pace of a Turbo with the interior that is a little bit "special" (IMHO)....if you're a fan of Alcantara... :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back