Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another reason to switch off F1

Some DNA and ooo I dunno - about 16 years worth of nothing but racing to get where they are now. To say it's just because of their lineage is like saying descendants of Verdi are churning out overtures

T8 said:
wizard993 said:
What gets me is the drivers coming into the sport with famous fathers as if they all have some DNA passed down/injected into them.........ballcocks

's funny EVERYONE else seems to be seriously impressed by Max Verstappen. :?

As usual,F1 time will tell but his old man was no Senna that's for sure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34629481

.......and here is yet another "back of a fag packet" idea to try to save F1

Bernie has clearly been back in his garden shed thinking up more cracking ideas

When did "cheap" and F1 ever co-exist :floor:

It should be all out/gloves off war in F1 vs this heavily managed theatre that we are being asked to watch(or not) each week :nooo:

DynoMike said:
However, I did watch Moto GP from Phillip Island :eek: 52 passes in one race :worship: . Absolutely mega.

MotoGp is ace, im only an occassional armchair fan and try and watch the 'hi-lights' on itv4 but have you seen the clip or Rossi going all 'Road Rash'?

:grin:

Also, past few years, Honda have dicked all over everyone but now its back with Yamaha, how comes?

All respect to anyone who still enjoys F1......but frankly it has become a joke. From the very beginning of the tv coverage the talk is about tyre compounds and all sorts of technical cr@p. It is supposed to be a race; decided by the quickest car and driver, not by a combination of tyre choices, fuel strategies abd DRS/curs issues and so forth.

Racing is what they do in MotoGp, where the lead changes every couple of corners; or in BTC or DTM or LMP etc. I think F1 should be consigned to Room 101!!
atb Rick

wizard993 said:
What gets me is the drivers coming into the sport with famous fathers as if they all have some DNA passed down/injected into them.........ballcocks

Only Button and Massa provide any entertainment the others are like robots and scared to speak their minds

Kimi a robot?

I think not.

arry said:
Some DNA and ooo I dunno - about 16 years worth of nothing but racing to get where they are now. To say it's just because of their lineage is like saying descendants of Verdi are churning out overtures

Which causes me to ponder on Bernie Ecclesthing and his daughter. :?: :?: :?:

PeterS said:
wizard993 said:

Only Button and Massa provide any entertainment the others are like robots and scared to speak their minds

Kimi a robot?

I think not.

Of course(missed KR) out...probably down to him being unusually quiet this season.

I flicked over to Sky before it started and all I heard constantly was how much the weather was going to have an affect on the outcome......then watched the start when Hammy pushed his m8 off then that was me finished with it after about another 10 mins.

segart said:
All respect to anyone who still enjoys F1......but frankly it has become a joke. From the very beginning of the tv coverage the talk is about tyre compounds and all sorts of technical cr@p. It is supposed to be a race; decided by the quickest car and driver, not by a combination of tyre choices, fuel strategies abd DRS/curs issues and so forth.

Racing is what they do in MotoGp, where the lead changes every couple of corners; or in BTC or DTM or LMP etc. I think F1 should be consigned to Room 101!!
atb Rick

Alas all missing the point. F1 has never been like that in all the many many years I have been avidly watching it. It is a technical sport that has always been based on technical advantage, teams seeking to build the fastest cars the rules and their ability allows. That's all part of it. You are right, if you want pure 'entertainment' many other forms of motorsport deliver and in many many cases they do so through technical standardisation. The two things are different. For me I enjoy both types of racing for different reasons. The race series that has managed to combine both - WEC, but not everyone wants to watch racing that lasts at least 6 hours.

tikkathree said:
arry said:

Which causes me to ponder on Bernie Ecclesthing and his daughter. :?: :?: :?:

There's nothing like the princess syndrome of sense of entitlement to limit ones ambition

Love formula 1, been some brilliant racing this year, USA was an awesome race and vettel has really shown his ability this year. Cars are technically superior than 10 years ago there's no question, rules and regulations keep the speed down which we will see becoming a lot quicker over the next few years. I hoopoe red bull stay in but I'm sure they will do.

Sky sports F1 gets some air time in the e8 house!

lofi said:
Alas all missing the point. F1 has never been like that in all the many many years I have been avidly watching it. It is a technical sport that has always been based on technical advantage, teams seeking to build the fastest cars the rules and their ability allows. That's all part of it. You are right, if you want pure 'entertainment' many other forms of motorsport deliver and in many many cases they do so through technical standardisation. The two things are different. For me I enjoy both types of racing for different reasons. The race series that has managed to combine both - WEC, but not everyone wants to watch racing that lasts at least 6 hours.

:agree:

F1 is like a technical 'game of chess'. Where the moves are decided and agreed by a team. I've seen some fascinating studies on the way the rules change and that 'shuffles the pack'. The most gifted drivers now are those who work with their teams the best so that as a unit they win. Personally I find it fascinating. And the drivers really are on a different plain in many ways. :dont know:

Watch some in car footage from the Schumi Mansell and Senna days.....esp around Monaco.

They worked so hard, had ballcocks of steel and the steering wheels were alive in their hands. It was utterly gladiatorial and unpredictable. The teams took a back seat during a race. Man and machine were king.

That's missing and for many the above defined F1 and made it the best Motorsport in the world......not by its name but by its very nature.

The guys nowadays are going slower and the drivers car control is less dependent on driver input or skill......it is dull as dishwater.

Hamilton looks like he just got back from the shops after each win😃

Many do not want to watch a technology/strategy race....we want to see a driver race!

F1 is broken but it can recover.

:thumb:

Watch some in car footage from the Schumi Mansell and Senna days.....esp around Monaco.

They worked so hard, had ballcocks of steel and the steering wheels were alive in their hands. It was utterly gladiatorial and unpredictable. The teams took a back seat during a race. Man and machine were king.

That's missing and for many the above defined F1 and made it the best Motorsport in the world......not by its name but by its very nature.

The guys nowadays are going slower and the drivers car control is less dependent on driver input or skill......it is dull as dishwater.

Hamilton looks like he just got back from the shops after each win😃

F1 is broken but it can recover.

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back