Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

All praise Lewis Hamilton

Lewis' drive in GP2 from the back of the grid shows that he is the real deal and has continued that theme ever since. He nearly won the Championship in his first year, got it his second.
He is an outstanding racer, but for me, is second best on the grid behind Alonso.
In time, they will be one of the names used in the "who was the best of all time" discussion. In retirement, his true worth will shine

?? really ? Peter?? more power than ever before and many drivers in the last few years would have struggled to handle these beasts. that includes rosberg!!

I hardly think driving sth with over 1000 bhp that weighs half a tonne a walk in the park or an f1 game.

these current f1 cars sound insane. we would all look like utter fools in one....if you could handle a lap in one

some race tracks have seen all records broken and improved by 3 seconds. now that is what F1 should be. total beasts to drive!

PeterS said:
He certainly is very quick but he is more driving a computer/ Playstation than ever before.

I know it's difficult to compare eras, but the analogue racers of yesteryear may have been better.

Too true chum in my day and the days of Hesketh it was 'Sex: Breakfast of champions' and a 'shake' meant something different than a litre of prune juice :what:

I still laugh at James Hunt's recollection that he would on occasion, after a particularly raucous pre race party, throw up pure four gras into his helmet on the first lap. Now he was an all time great, both racer and lothario! Rip James Hunt!

Sodding auto correct. Foie Gras!

I think being among the very best in the world is an achievement regardless of the era. Good luck to him.

As for him wearing an earring....in the 80s when we were young didn't most young men have an earring. I've still got the hole where mine was. :lol:

str12 said:
His record confirms he is already one of the all time greats but in terms of pure sporting achievement I think Chris Froome is a more worthy of SPotY winning the World's toughest sporting event 4 times plus the Vuelta.

Lewis has done great and I expect more wins, maybe when he gets his 5th, or even 6th.

I say give Froomey and Lewis a Knighthood.

Lewis smashed it this season! Anyone who says he behaves less well on track than Seb 'oooh-I-have-a-smelly-finger' Vettel needs their head examining. How many times did he act like a right **** and get away with it scot-free?

As stated, Lewis should actually have more than this already, but I am sure same can be said for a fair few drivers.

I also don't knock him for any of his choices off track either. Far better the man he is now than the repressed young fellow he was at McLaren. Anyways, he is surprisingly humble IMO, made it to where he is now through merit and deserves everything he gets.

p.s. sure he's proper gutted a few randomers don't like his dress sense, but then over 100 sticks in the bank and driving F1 cars for a day job probably takes the sting out of it a little.

The return of Marty Wild said:
I say give Lewis a Knighthood.

Is that a piss-take :dont know:

Every decade has had a top driver who should or should not have won for whatever reason.
Moss, should have won
Hunt, if Lauda hadn't singed his ears doubt very much he would have been world champ
Damon Hill robbed, when Shumi punted him off the track
Mansell had the best car by a country mile and won, very little competition.

Difference with Lewis is he's done it for McLaren and Mercedes in different cars and with different team mates, some who've supported him, Bottas, and some who've been a winging PIA, fill in your own answer there!

He has his own 'style' granted but an acquaintance of mine that knows him pretty well says he is one of the most decent people you could know.

Lewis definitely isn't worthy of a knighthood. What has he done to deserve one?

Wiggin's is an inspiration to cyclists, He has inspired so many to take to the road on two wheels, Hence why british cycling is so strong these days. He's a likeable character, and to be the first to win the yellow in france for so many years - and mostly on his own out front. To hold the power hour record, represent team GB in a successful gold medal haul in cycling.

I don't get the dislike the public seem to have for froome, Being the natural great cyclist he is..anyway, back to LH.

I'm on the struggle to like camp, I find his attitude irritating. JB was a much better inspiration, Driver, Person, Winner and looser. Just so happens LH fell into the fastest car. He's a great driver, But he'll never be known as one of the greats, I certainly don't think winning 4 championships earning himself a net worth of $240m is worthy of becoming a knight.
JB's famous 4 hour Canadian GP win is by far the best race a British chap has ever won.

Whilst what you say is very true about the success's in cycling there is one elephant in the room, Drugs!
The sport has been tainted for years by these accusations and it will take a lot for people to forget about them.

I think they're all still on the juice if i'm honest.

If they aren't then they really are utter machines!

Everything you said of Froome could be applied to Lewis.
First black f1 Driver
First Black F1 Champion
Most F1 Championships for British Driver.
2 WDC with 2 different teams

Froome and Lewis aren't your traditional British citizens looking at their heritage.

Is there a link?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowrick
Back