Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AIR CON NOISY - I THINK ??

Johnpor996

I am getting a whining noise at 2000 rpm, roughly 40 mph, from the rear when under loW power or coasting. Sometimes the noise has a slight tinny resonance to it but it's quite discernible. It seems to go when I turn off the A/C, and on idle when engaging the A/C will produce a noise. Anybody got any ideas? Could it be and either bearing or just the A/C unit itself? Is there any bearing maintenance that can be done?

I don't think it's a drive wine, at least I hope not!, but any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Likely to be the compressor and due to low gas. A recharge - and check for leak - should fix it. Condensers at the front most common site.

As said above, low on gas.

Check condensers but also the joint on the low pressure pipe under the drivers side sill towards the rear wheel arch.

When my AC clutch went, it was a rattle not a whine, so as others have said, top up AC gas. I use the £60 DIY setups and Halfrauds never seem to put enough gas in and we don't have much other choice around my way.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back